Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make the sidebar open when a search is run

New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the Azure blue layout and have noticed that when the left-hand side panel is collapsed and then a search is run, the panel does not automatically open to display the search results. Is there a way of making this happen?

Currently the search runs silently in the background with no indication that it has been successful and no presentation of the search results. It would be better if the panel opened to display the results.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to do this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH and is it fully patched up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2017 (13.02.334) which I believe is the most up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think it is - have you tried experimenting with a different layout design to see if it's an affect of Azure Blue or RH2017's HTML5 output in general?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is specific to the Azure Blue layout. The search bar opens automatically with the Indigo layout. We don't want to use the other layouts though so would need to fix it in the Azure layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd file a bug ticket with the RH team then. If you have some keen programmers, they might be able to compare both flavours of output and figure out where in the JavaScript they differ when it comes to that function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. I have created a bug ticket for this here Tracker (RH-1831). If anyone else is having the same issue please vote for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp