• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with the Display of Search Options in Every Topic of Responsive HTML5 Help Output

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I wanted to touch base with the Adobe RoboHelp 15 community to ask if any of you are aware of the following issue when generating Responsive HTML5 Help output.  I recently upgraded to RoboHelp 15 (12.0.4.454) and just recent noticed that Search Options is appearing in all help topics in the Help system. Please see the two screens below:

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

If I then perform a search and return back to a topic the Search Options do go away from each help topic.  However, the  Search Options return when I refresh the Help system.  Please see the three screens below.

Inline image 3

Inline image 4

Inline image 5

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can resolve this Help output issue. We have a release in a couple of weeks I need to be able to generate a clean version of the Help system using RoboHelp 15.

Thanks in advance for the support and assistance.

Regards,

Kurt Kroeber

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo none of your images are appearing. Did you somehow create this thread using email or did you compose this thread via the web browser and upload each image?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

The issue is reflected in the screen captures I have included.  When I now generate a Responsive HTML5 output for my help system the Search Options appears in each topic of the Help system. These options should not appear in this location at all -- Search Options should only appearing when searching.  The sequence of screens are included in this thread to help illustrate where Search Options appear in each topic, how the Search Options goes away when a search is performed, and then how all search results appear in each topic when you refresh the Help system. 

I assume that is behavior is somehow due to the recent RoboHelp 15 upgrade since I have not encountered it earlier.  My last known good build was in early October -- I was able to generate online help without the Search Options appearing throughout the Help system.

I hope that this help better clarify the issue I am currently facing with RoboHelp 15.

Thanks,

Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kurt, I know you BELIEVE you included screen captures. What I'm saying is that when I view this thread, here's what I see:

TMP1.png

So I would imagine all others are having the same issue and we cannot see your images. That's why I was asking how you created this thread.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Rick for the clarification!   I am sorry about the confusion on my end.  I have uploaded the screen captures and I hope they help clarify the issue I have encountered.  It is an extremely frustrating problem.

Example #1 - Search Options Appearing in All Generated Responsive HTML5 Topics.png

Example #1 - Search Options Appearing in All Generated Responsive HTML5 Topics

Example #2 - Complete List of Search Options Appearing in All Responsive HTML5 Topics.png

Example #2 - Complete List of Search Options Appearing in All Responsive HTML5 Topics

Example #3 – Performing a Search in the Help System.png

Example #3 – Performing a Search in the Help System

Example #4 - Normal Appearance of Help Topics After Searching.png

Example #4 - Normal Appearance of Help Topics After Searching

Example #5 - Help System After Performing a Refresh, All Search Result Appear in Each Help Topic.png

Example #5 - Help System After Performing a Refresh, All Search Result Appear in Each Help Topic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much better! Now to go actually review them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Just some random observations and thoughts here.

If you generate and use a different layout, such as Charcoal Grey, does this issue manifest?

Your layout appears to have had some customization made so as to accommodate the orange coloring and whatnot. So I'm wondering if some of this somehow got munged in a process somewhere down the line. I know I've had that happen with some of my own stuff and I ended up having to create a new layout and make the same modifications to coloring and whatnot.

Have any of the pages associated with the layout had customizations? I know that if you open the Output SetUp pod you are able to expand the layout (Charcoal Grey, Azure Blue, etc) and make changes there by manipulating the code used. I don't go there myself because I would likely destroy whatever is there without guidance on what is what. It's not very intuitive.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick for the information.  The pages have been working fine (repeatedly) until sometime around the beginning of October. I am not sure if this coincides with the RoboHelp 15 software update that I installed somewhere around that time.  There is little in the way of customization other than the color (Actifio orange) and the logo.   This is the only difference that I can think of that could have resulted in this strange behavior.  I have made a number of investigations to see if this change was something I inadvertently did on my end but nothing seems to jump out as a culprit. 

That said, I will try using a different layout and report back if this issue persists.

Are you aware of any setting in RoboHelp 15 that could have manipulated the display of Search Options across all topics in a help system?

Thanks,  Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly I believe we can all attest to something like an update that totally clobbers things. The last update found us with all sorts of issues related to the filtering not working properly. Then we saw where things like the ability to turn off certain elements such as the Index weren't working. So this very well could be some odd result of the update breaking things. Although, yours is the first I've seen of this specific issue.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is their 12.0.4.454 version the latest patch release Rick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what my own version shows. And just to be certain, I did the Help > Updates thing. But I believe they are working on another update of some sort because it's this version that broke some of the functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a follow-up to my Search Options issue with RoboHelp 15, I wanted to let you know that I did share the details of this issue with a few folks at Adobe ( Abhishek Jain, Amit Jha, and Sumit Kumar), and Adobe has recognized that this is indeed an issue in 12.0.4.  The good news is that Adobe quickly found a fix to this issue and mentioned that they will soon be releasing a fix/update.  In the interim, Adobe has sent me an updated version of the  rh.min.js and topic.min.js files which have resolved the behavior. 

Hats off to  Abhishek Jain, Amit Jha, and Sumit Kumar for their ultra-fast response and resolution to this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp