Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-sales questions about conditional content, Zendesk export

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conditional content

I've been using Zendesk Help Center for a couple of years.   Before that it was Gitbook.  I'm at the point where I need to have a feature like conditional formatting because there are too many options in our product and having the user continually try to sort out or locate the relevant material is a real challenge.

So, I see examples where there is a list of "filter" checkboxes that the user can tick off to narrow down the content.  In my main case, I want to force the user to answer 3 questions, each one of which is answered by a single choice of however many.  So I don't want multi select in a filter group, I just want one, like a radio button.  Is it possible?

I also wonder about a "workflow wizard", where the questions and answers are handled in an interactive manner, e.g.

Which device are you connecting to?

- Windows PC

- Mac

- Embedded device

etc, then the choice is entered and the next (or subsequent) sections have that filter imposed on them.

I can see reasons for multi select but I think that for most of our content, looking at multiple selections simply confuses things as the user is only able to do one thing at a time and should decide what that is before starting.

Zendesk

My question #1 about Zendesk export, is simply to see whether people are using it.  I found one recent thread here where the person had a problem exporting, and a response "not many people are doing that yet".

A specific question I have about export to Zendesk is whether it is possible to insert Robohelp content alongside existing Zendesk pages.  If I do decide to use Robohelp I will probably update and redo much of the existing Zendesk content within Robohelp, but I'd like to not have to do all of that before I can publish anything generated by Robohelp. 

And subsequent to that is whether there is any support for import to Robohelp from Zendesk, but I already looked at the import menu and didn't see any such thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I answered one of my own questions.  Apparently it is possible to configure a group for multi-select (or not).

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/configure-presets-conditional-content.html?cq_ck=153321102220...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboHelp allow filtering where the use chooses to minimise the topics seen to just those relevant to them.You can see a simple example on my site at RoboHelp Tour Introduction (grainge.org) where you can choose the current version of RoboHelp or older versions. I rather doubt that would work if uploaded to Zendesk and it's not quite qhat you want. That is not an option. You would need to build a front end in. It's the sort of thing that I think Captivate would allow but again I doubt that would work on Zendesk.

As to using RoboHelp outputs alongside existing Zendesk content, I believe that is possible but I don't know the detail of how. 

I don't think it is possible to import from Zendesk but I think you should query that with Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp