• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: I created a PDF in Robohelp, is there anyway of creating an index similar to table of contents

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a TOC Page to my Book-TOC, and then try to generate the PDF...

larryk33930191_0-1655416271539.png

I get this error message.

larryk33930191_1-1655416364200.png

Without the TOC Page, the PDF will generate just fine.  I'm not seeing any useful settings for this "TOC page" that might solve this generating error. Am I understanding what this is supposed to do... this should make the entire "BasicBook-TOC" appear in my PDF where the "TOC Page" is ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and I get this red X

larryk33930191_0-1655417220002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have separated your post into a new thread. Please don't tag new questions onto old posts unless the issue is identical. It can get very confusing.

Yes you are correctly understanding what adding TOC Page does.

Is this the first time you have tried to generate a PDF? If the answer is yes, then perhaps this is the issue. Before You Start - Java

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you resolved this issue?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp