• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 - Can we have table header repeat on all pages in printed documentation?

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a table that overflows to multiple pages when we generate a printed documentation (Doc/PDF). The customer wants the table header to be repeated at the top, similar to the setting that we have in MS Word.

Right now the header does not repeat.

The workaround is to generate a doc output and then manually apply the repeat table header setting in MS word and then save it as a PDF.

Is it possible to handle it in RH 2017?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

The short answer is No.

In Word Macros on my site there are a number of table macros that can apply whatever settings you customise it to do, such as apply repeat headings. One will let you blast through while others find the next table and let you decide.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is No.

In Word Macros on my site there are a number of table macros that can apply whatever settings you customise it to do, such as apply repeat headings. One will let you blast through while others find the next table and let you decide.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tejas Dandekar we acheive this by using simple css 

table { -fs-table-paginate: paginate !important; }Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@saravanakumars17791115 I note you posted the same information in 4 different forums. Can you please confirm you were using Robohelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr yes these four questions are related to my fix, that's why I'm answer 4 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for RoboHelp 2020. While I can't currently test using Classic, I doubt it works for that version either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr if you've any test files means attch here , I'll test & update here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try in one of the sample projects in RoboHelp. If the Sample projects aren't on the starter screen you can find them in your Documents/My RoboHelp Projects folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp