Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 new UI: Picture size in Word differs from PDF and HTML5

Enthusiast ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm using RH2019 new UI update 10 on Windows 10. Currently, I'm struggling with the Word output. I have many screenshots in my documentation, and in HTML5 output as well as in PDF output, the size of them is as I want it to be. However, many of the images (not all of them, though) are way too small in my Word output. When I open this image in an image program like Gimp, the size also looks fine.

These two screenshots show what I mean.

Image size RH, PDF, Gimp, etc.Image size RH, PDF, Gimp, etc.Image size WordImage size Word

I am not sure if this problem is at all caused by RH, but maybe someone of you guys has an idea what I might try to get the images into my Word output in the correct size.

Any ideas will be greatly welcome.

Thanks and regards

Karin

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Perhaps it's related to the DPI (dots per inch) of the image? For example an image saved with 96 DPI might display differently from one saved with 300DPI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karin,

I tested on sample project but could not see the issue as you described above. Can you please share the sample image you are facing issue with to check?

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it's related to the DPI (dots per inch) of the image? For example an image saved with 96 DPI might display differently from one saved with 300DPI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amebr,

This was indeed the case. I changed the DPI from 300 to 96 and voilá, the image is displayed as it should be in Word. 

Best regards

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp