RH2201 Classic erase a row in a table

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm wondering what I do wrong.

First I select a cel by clicking in it

OlivierToeboschRD_0-1587549288050.png

then I click in the margin to select the row, once the mousepointer changes to a horizontal right arrow.

two possible results in that case. A single row is selected, or an arbitrary amount of rows above the selected cel. I don't want that this last thing is happening.

OlivierToeboschRD_2-1587549478408.png

This is not practical...

Is there a shortcut or another tip to select only the actual row?

best regards

Olivier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

I generally drag the cursor across the row. Less fiddly than getting the arrow to display. That said, once I get the arrow showing, it does what it should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Usually I just hover the cursor slightly outside the table until I get a broad right-pointing arrow, and that selects the row. However, I think if you have merged cells, RH can sometimes get confused.

One option that might help is to turn on the tag bar at the top of the topic pane. In RH2017 click the Edit tab, click the Show/Hide button and select Tag list from the dropdown. (Something went wrong with the version in the post title, so I'm going to assume RH2017 🙂  )

This shows you the htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generally drag the cursor across the row. Less fiddly than getting the arrow to display. That said, once I get the arrow showing, it does what it should. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually I just hover the cursor slightly outside the table until I get a broad right-pointing arrow, and that selects the row. However, I think if you have merged cells, RH can sometimes get confused.

One option that might help is to turn on the tag bar at the top of the topic pane. In RH2017 click the Edit tab, click the Show/Hide button and select Tag list from the dropdown. (Something went wrong with the version in the post title, so I'm going to assume RH2017 🙂  )

This shows you the html tags in the current "block", which in the case of a table will include Table > Row > Cell. Click in the row you want in the table, then click the Row entry in the tag bar and that should select the row. I can't guarantee it will resolve problems with merged cells, but at least it's a bit easier than fiddling with the changing cursor.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh and when i have merged cells and want to delete a row I tend to fiddle the the HTML, as that's easiest for me. You might try to unmerge, delete, remerge, depending on how complex your table is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp