Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Robohelp 2019 and SharePoint Online connection for collaboration

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleagues & I need to collaborate on the same Robohelp 2019 project. I created a site specifically for that purpose on SharePoint online, made my co-workers co-owners of the site, and the default doc library on the site inherits permission from the site. I was able to successfully establish a connection profile, upload a demo project and edit it, check it back in and so forth.

However, neither of my co-workers are able to establish a connection profile. They get to the screen where you paste in the SharePoint site URL, and when they click Login, they get the message shown below.  When they click Back to app, they land on an Adobe login screen. We verified that the apps Adobe recommends whitelisting are whitelisted for all of us. I have a feeling this has to do with the fact that my RH license may be associated to my personal Adobe ID, while theirs might be associated to the company ID. Our IT people are trying to figure out who might be our "Adobe Admin," but we're not even sure that's what the message is referring to. Can anyone offer any insight? Thank you!

Dawn  

[PII removed by moderator]

TOPICS
RoboHelp server

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021
@AthensSlim and @Peter Grainge , the issue is now resolved. Our IT manager fixed it by adjusting our Enterprise settings for Robohelp. He assigned all three of us tech writers the role of "Adobe Robohelp Owner," and when my co-workers worked through the steps in Robohelp to set up their connection profile, they were presented with the dialog shown in the Adobe user guide (see screen shot) that enabled them to click "Accept" and then carry out the rest of the steps to successfully set up a connec...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Robohelp forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to remove your image as it contains personal information. For some reason on this occasion I cannot even though I am a moderator so I will take that up with Adobe staff.

Turning to your question please search in this forum as it think your question has already been asked and answered in another thread.

Post back if you can't find it and I will look in the morning. It's late here right now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for catching the email address on my screen shot, Peter! I've looked through all the posts on the forums and can't find an answer to this question. After watching my collegue again try to set up a connection profile, after he enters his Microsoft creds, a message appears stating that "this app" (Robohelp, i'm assuming) "requires your admin's approval to..." (see below). He then clicks the "request approval" button on this message.  There are no access requests pending on the SharePoint site. 

DawnPAmkai_0-1617916655621.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That dialogue looks like it was generated from SharePoint, not RoboHelp. So, I think the "admin" being referred to is not any Adobe admin, but rather the SharePoint administrator, which as you probably know isn't equivalent to being the site owner. If you're able to contact that person, it would be interesting to know if there were any requests received by them.

I am an admin (not that this means that I know much about how it all works :-)) of our SharePoint tenant here and poked around for something that might be helpful, but didn't see anything useful. We don't have our tenant deviating much from the default settings with respect to security, so I can't say that I've encountered this. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I think you're on to something. I'm one of our SharePoint admins, and I have looked everywhere in the Admin Center for a way to approve the requests. Another admin suggested the requests might be going to our Security people, so I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'll post an update when I find a solution. Thanks, again!

Dawn

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@AthensSlim and @Peter Grainge , the issue is now resolved. Our IT manager fixed it by adjusting our Enterprise settings for Robohelp. He assigned all three of us tech writers the role of "Adobe Robohelp Owner," and when my co-workers worked through the steps in Robohelp to set up their connection profile, they were presented with the dialog shown in the Adobe user guide (see screen shot) that enabled them to click "Accept" and then carry out the rest of the steps to successfully set up a connection. Previously, they had been presented with a version of this dialog that only enabled them to "request approval" from an "admin" to make the connection. Thanks for your help!

Dawn

DawnPAmkai_0-1618328774395.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation