• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2020.8.34 output changes URLs of SharePoint links

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have three RoboHelp 2020.8.34 projects. Each project contains hundreds of links to different libraries in SharePoint. The problem: the %3a symbol (:) is transformed into a %25a symbol when HTML and .aspx Output is created. For example, 

mjgm_0-1660822766277.png

For some reason, RoboHelp is changing the %3a symbol reference in the URL to a %25a, which of course breaks the links. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the original url contains colons which have been escaped to %3a (the code for a colon for URLs), then during the sharepoint conversion the % is being escaped to %25.

I'm not sure where the escaping is happening (it doesn't seem to happen for RH2019, and I can't test right now on RH2020 nor with an actual sharepoint server) but you could try replacing the %3a with colons (:) in one topic and see what happens to the URL after you generate the sharepoint output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your kind response to this problem. I found out the following:

1. Because I had 170 links to enter into RoboHelp, I downloaded them to an Excel worksheet from SharePoint and then I extracted the hyperlinks. I copied the hyperlinks from the Excel worksheet into RH.

2. The hyperlinks I copied and pasted all have the : in them, not %3a or %25a. 

3. When I produce the output (HTML output), RoboHelp changes all colon signs into %25a. Our SharePoint does NOT like that and reports a broken link. 

4. I manually changed some of the %25a in the output into %3a and the links work. 

5. When I produce the output, it changed the %3a to %25a again.

6. I then copied the links directly from SharePoint (this happened after I reported the problem), created new output, and everything worked. RH changed the : to %3a, which is accepted by SharePoint. 

So only the links taken from the Excel worksheet have that problem. Why? Because MS? I don't know but I'm glad I found a solution, albeit mildly painful because now I have to make 170 round trips to SharePoint to get the links one by one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp