• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp2015 Responsive output topics centered with white space on both sides

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm converting from Webhelp to Responsive HTML5 output and created a new Master Page where all the parts (header, body, footer) are left-justified. When I generate my output, most of my topics are centered in the browser (IE11) with white space on the left (shown below) and right sides.

My Master page header contains some right justified icons and java scripts and then the body section starts with a table. The Webhelp topics (original) topics all begin with a table. The good thing is the master page header and footer is placed in the output topics but the table is not (which we will manually replace).

The topics that begin with text that do not have tables convert fine and are left justified like they should be with just extra whitespace on the right side. The only part that is not left justified is the footer (which my master page footer is left justified) but has white space in front of it like the centered topics do (see below).

I don't know if this is an issue of missing HTML or something needs to be removed from the original files that isn't compatible with the Responsive output. Has anyone done a conversion like this and may have some tips. Also, help with this issue would be great too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing some playing around, I found that the existing Webhelp topics use the <div> tags and when I remove them the topic left justifies like it should. I also noticed that the new topics I created don't include the <div> tags probably because Responsive HTML5 uses a master page to divide the topic into chunks anyway. I am still working on fixing the footer problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just hazarding a guess here, but it seems to me that when I've seen div tags, the content has been imported from Microsoft Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the footer issue, perhaps copy the HTML footer code and share it here for us to examine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the code and I replaced the actual text with plus signs ( + ). I can't include the text for company reasons:

<?rh-region_end type="body" ?>
<br />

<?rh-region_start type="footer" style="width: 100%; position: relative;" ?>
<p style="text-align: left;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">++++++++<span /><br />
<span style="font-weight: normal;">++++++++++++++++++++++</span><span style="text-decoration: underline; ">++++</span> <span  style="font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; ">+++++++++<a href="mailto:++++++++++">+++++++++++++++</a>.<br />
+++++++++++++++++++++++<a href="https:+++++.PDF" target="_blank">+++++</a>.</span></span></p>
<?rh-region_end type="footer" ?>
</body>
</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp