• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some index entries aren't appearing in compiled Responsive HTML 5 Help

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm generating a Responsive HTML5 Help project. I've got several keywords in my index that don't appear in the compiled Help's index. Can anyone suggest how I can resolve this?

Here's a screen shot of my Index pod in RH:

1.gif

Here's a screen shot of the Index in the compiled Help. You can see that DB-APP-H-CH_50549 is not appearing.

2.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are any of those 50545 onward ones showing up?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering me so quickly, Jeff. I only get a few entries after 50500. There are several more that should be there, but they're not showing up.

To add this to the index, I right-click the text (DB-....), then click Add to > Index Keyword > Topic Index Keyword.

3.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, any difference between those that show up & those that don't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any differences in the Index Keyword Properties for the ones that are showing up and the ones that aren't showing up.

This one is showing up
4.gif

This one isn't showing up:

5.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No conditions or filters on the topics they reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None that I know of, but I'm not sure where to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a little more information about what I'm seeing.

If I open the compiled Help and go to the Index tab, and leave the Filter Keywords field empty, as shown in the first screen shot below, I get all of the entries I'm expecting (see second screen shot).

6.gif

The entries starting with DB are all here.

7.gif

When I type DB in the Filter Keywords field, I only get a partial list of the entries starting with DB, as shown here. Is there a way to specify how the filtering works? I haven't found anything in the RoboHelp Help project about it.

8.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I think there is a bug in the coding. I have a project where I had gobs of index entries and my index was behaving the same way. I reported to Adobe. You should too.

http://tracker.adobe.com

I ended up abandoning my index (and many here will know just how painful that is for me!)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported this to Adobe. The Bug ID is RH-1857.

Thanks for suggesting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r  wrote

I ended up abandoning my index (and many here will know just how painful that is for me!)

Good lord! How did the world not end on the spot!!!!??!???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well, and it is very annoying... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mabeck Not sure who marked your post as Correct Answer but I have removed that as it is clearly not an answer.

As you can see, others have had this problem so I'm not too hopeful. First thing to check is do you have the same problem with all the same settings, or as close to, if you generate WebHelp.

Are your entries similar to those above or are they words?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up vote Pete's bug - Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My entries are words, or really software API classes so things like PolynomialProjection. I have looked in the generated idataX.new.js files, and everything is correct there. If I change it to olynomialProjection, it will find it, if I change it to PolyProjection, it will also be found, but PolynProjection won't.

Tried to debug the robohelp js files, but even with the debug flag set, it is really, really hard to trace what is happening in the code.

Edit:

I have found that if I remove just a single item from idataX.new.js, the result for PolynomialProjection will be shown, so my guess is that it has something to do when you have a very long index. I would however guess that this "fix" just moves the problem to another place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you could be onto something. I just created a three topic project and entered PolynomialProjection in the index. When I started typing that in the index filter, it worked immediately.

It would also explain why Rick hit the problem as he is a member of the Extreme Index party.

Do you have any idea of how many index entries you have? It would be worth adding that information to the existing bug report as it will help Adobe locate the cause.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having a big problem with Index for Responsive HTML5 output, in Robohelp 2017 with latest patch.  Not sure if it could be related to the possible causes of the initial problem here - so let me know if I should create a new thread for this (not trying to steal this thread!!).

Our main help system has an EXTREMELY big index with possibly more than 1000 keywords and many more subkeywords, and you cannot scroll down through the entire Index (though it does try to do some paging).  There is no problem with our much smaller help systems!

What happens is you cannot scroll down the Index very far.  If I add a filter keyword, it finds several matching keywords and it looks like several matching keyword groupings get put down to bottom.  But then you cannot scroll down further. We want to be able to scroll down the entire Index.

In our old WebHelp output, the Index worked OK.  But we now need to use Responsive HTML5 for our TOC working in Chrome.

Perhaps this Index behavior is to be expected with a gigantic Index, and I am misunderstanding the functionality. The filter works, I think, but it seems like some users would want to "browse" through our Index also to find what keywords are in there. So maybe we all need to be re-trained in how we use Index.

Any way to just this Index behavior?  Or adjust paging?  Or "workaround" suggestions? This is happening in both IE 11 and Chrome.  If we have to accept this Index behavior, we need to let our users know how to use it.

Thanks so much!  And, sorry if I stole this thread for a problem not exactly related.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

so I just skimmed this recent entry, apologies for not having the whole story...
I've had issues with RH index related to browser and browser version.

Just wondering if you or anyone in these posts receive the same problems/errors regardless of browsers and browser versions, I'd love to know.

Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also ask...

are you using RH server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Robohelp 2017, with the latest patch/update.  Not using RH server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp