Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word output - CSS error

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe RoboHelp 2019

When generating output using the Word preset, RH gives the following error message.  

//Error:
//Unhandled
//CssParser error: line 343 col 3: invalid identity. CSS => /**/
//body {
//font-family:'Segoe UI';
//font-size:13px
//}

Does anyone know why this CSS is generating an error? 

PS I had to add // to the code sample to get this message to post.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you open the css file in your project in code view and post the code for the body tag and one tag either side of it? I haven't tried posting code, but if you're having problems, just post a screenshot.

The error suggests there's some syntax or character that isn't valid, but I'm not sure what's going on. And sometimes these errors get the lines wrong, so the error could be a bit either side of where it says.

When I get home, I can double check what the code view looks like, and hopefully post some more detailed information and questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached an image to the original post.

The second screenshot shows line 343 which the error log says is the problem

CssParser error: line 343 col 3: invalid identity. CSS => /**/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW. You can paste images into the body of a reply. After pasting there's a short delay while it uploads, then you may see a smaller version of the image but anyone needing to see it can expand the image.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see anything obvious in the css you posted. All I can think of is that maybe the word output processor doesn't deal well with CSS variables (the text starting with two dashes -- ). I can't test the theory though, as I can't generate Word output at all at the moment - I need to research system requirements.

Could you try generating Word output with one of the sample projects? If that works, I'd then try adding a style or two with variables to see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try one of the sample. Also, if you use a Word template instead of the RH CSS, it still generates an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try commenting out all or some of that section to see if it helps?

I had a problem with RoboHelp Reimagined and my usual template I created a new one with just some basic styles in it and that worked. The problem with the original one is being investigated. The project also generated with no template set.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It made no difference. It still shows the same error message. I've commented out entire blocks and still same prob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it with the attached "template". Obviously it will not be your styles but I have been able to generate using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Did the template I supplied help?
  2. In another thread you have indicated you contacted Adobe about an issue and they could not help. Was it this issue and did Support refer it to a higher level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I used a blank template, it worked. But when I imported my own topics. it crashed.

Adobe reached when I raised the issue but havent heard since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please create a new small project and import just enough of your topics to make it crash. See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I will see if either I can resolve it or get some assistance from Adobe. Do you have a reference number from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp