Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the position of the homepage buttons

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using the Indigo layout in RH17 (without the Index), and I'd like to align the Glossary, Filter, and Favorites buttons in the center of the homepage underneath the search bar. Is there a way to do this? The buttons are left-aligned by default, but I'd much rather position them in the middle of the page.

Thanks,

Drew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Adobe hasn't released the SCSS files for this one, so it's a bit tricky.

Please try the linked CSS. There are quite a few changes I made, so test it before using it please.

From a CSS perspective, you can also add the following to  your CSS:

body.media-desktop div.frontpage-function-buttons div.grid-buttons>div:first-child:nth-last-of-type(1){margin-left:23.75rem}body.media-desktop div.frontpage-function-buttons div.grid-buttons>div:first-child:nth-last-of-type(2){margin-left:17.8125rem}body.media-

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hasn't released the SCSS files for this one, so it's a bit tricky.

Please try the linked CSS. There are quite a few changes I made, so test it before using it please.

From a CSS perspective, you can also add the following to  your CSS:

body.media-desktop div.frontpage-function-buttons div.grid-buttons>div:first-child:nth-last-of-type(1){margin-left:23.75rem}body.media-desktop div.frontpage-function-buttons div.grid-buttons>div:first-child:nth-last-of-type(2){margin-left:17.8125rem}body.media-desktop div.frontpage-function-buttons div.grid-buttons>div:first-child:nth-last-of-type(3){margin-left:11.875rem}body.media-desktop div.frontpage-function-buttons div.grid-buttons>div:first-child:nth-last-of-type(4){margin-left:5.9375rem}

This CSS selects the number of elements (buttons) you have. And if it is 4 or fewer (the bar can accommodate 5 as the class is grid-5) it amends the margin of the first element to center align.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! After copying that into the linked CSS, the buttons are centered. I also tried it with just two buttons in the layout, and they still remained centered.

buttons aligned.jpg

Thanks Willam! This is the exact solution I was hoping for.

(P.S. Apologies for not checking this sooner. I'll follow up on my other question today as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I need the CSS, but when i am clicking the link above it is showing that the file is moved to bin.

request you to please update it or attach it once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link is working for me.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

when i am clicking on the link it is showing message as a File is in the bin by the owner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are referring to the link in the post marked Correct Answer?

All I can say is I have now tried it on two machines and it is working just fine.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp