Highlighted

RH2019 Import Skin file

Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'd like to import my customized skin file to all my projects. There is an option in RH2019 in the Skins folder for import, but this is scanning for *.skz or *.slz file endings only. However, the ending of my skin file seems to be *.skn

Will it be possible to simply copy all files from the skin-folder of one project to another?

Best regards
Karin

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Grainge | Adobe Community Professional

I deleted my earlier reply. Whilst you can copy from Publish > Skins the correct method is to right click or use the menu with focus on your customised skin. There you will see an export option that will create the file you need to import.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RH2019 Import Skin file

Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'd like to import my customized skin file to all my projects. There is an option in RH2019 in the Skins folder for import, but this is scanning for *.skz or *.slz file endings only. However, the ending of my skin file seems to be *.skn

Will it be possible to simply copy all files from the skin-folder of one project to another?

Best regards
Karin

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Grainge | Adobe Community Professional

I deleted my earlier reply. Whilst you can copy from Publish > Skins the correct method is to right click or use the menu with focus on your customised skin. There you will see an export option that will create the file you need to import.

@petergrainge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2019 1
Engaged ,
Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter! I hadn't found that option. Works perfectly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this for a merge or a number of standalone projects?

I haven't yet tested it but if it is a merge, the theory in 2019 is you don't need to set them up in the child projects. To generate those you need just one skin for of the type used in the parent, frameless or responsive. It's supposed not to need the same customisation or even be the same skin, just the same type.

I will be trying it in the next day or two.

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for a number of standalone projects currently. However, it sure is interesting how it actually works for merged projects as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2019 0