Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 Frameless: Chatbot intents created in Dialogflow does not show in output

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In Dialogflow, I imported a Small Talk prebuilt intent to the Agent created as part of my RH 2020 project. But for some reason the Chatbot did not identify the intents imported. The Chatbot only identified intents created as a Microcontent in RH. 

Couple of questions regarding Chatbot:

1. Is the Chatbot configured in RH only to identify intents created in RH? or is it possible for the Chatbot to also identify intents created in Dialogflow? 
  2. Is it possible for the Chatbot to display a welcome message as soon as the user clicks the Chatbot button? Do we need to configure this in Dialogflow or can it be done through RH?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Siju,

1. Right now RH is configured to clean all the Intents on the Dialogflow before it uploads. We are working on providing option whether to clean out the existing intents or not or just override the ones user is uploading from RH.

2. Welcome message configuration is provided in RH now. It will be available in update 1 which shall be available in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek

Great to know that we have an update coming out in a few weeks time. 

Are you saying that only intents created in RH works?

Can we not make the Chatbot agent identify intents created both in Dialogflow and RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek

During your webinar on Chatbot, I recall you saying that we can add the Chatbot code to a Master Page. I added the code to a Master Page and applied to my Frameless prokect but unfortunately the Chatbot did not appear in the output. I would like to have the Chatbot on every topic pages. 

Will you be able to give me the steps on how to get the Chatbot on every topic pages using a Master Page? Do I paste the code in <Head> or <Body> or <Footer> or <Header> or <HTML>?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code goes in the head section

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Having the chatbot code in Master Page doesn't work for me.

I also tried by creating a new output preset and added two topics to it with default.css style. Added the Master Page that has the chatbot code in <Head>. But the topics page do not show the chatbot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what will be in the next update of the About RoboHelp sample project.

To make the chat window appear in your project, there are a number of options.

1. Add the code to the head section of a master page that is used in the output. This will cause an icon to appear on all topics or those linked to the master page, depending on how you set things up.
  2. Add the code to the head section of the topics where you want the chat window to be available. This will cause an icon to appear on those topics.
  3. To add the chat window to your homepage, go to Skins in the Output tab and right click the skin, then select Show in Explorer. Open homepage.ejs in a text editor and add the code there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. Will wait for the update to release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Siju, you don't have to wait for the update. I think chatbot resources are not being handled properly. In the generated output can you check chatbot.js and chatbot css are in the right path for each topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vivek

I am able to get the chatbot on the Home page. I am finding it difficult to add to all topics. Though added to the <Head> section on a Master Page, the chatbot is not displayed on the output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems too. Looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are looking into this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Is there any update from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. I will respond as soon as I hear back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Any update from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a post the other day saying a problem had been resolved and I thought it was this thread, obviously not. No response but Update 1 is available today so try that and then post back.

See the forum announcements about updating. Check for Updates will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't fixed it on my test setup so I am seeking help elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My other possible source of help is indirectly affected by the Californian fires, hence the further delay.

I'm sorry but I will come back to you when I can get this working. I know it can be made to work so I am obviously getting some detail wrong but I have no model to reference to figure out why it is not working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

It is working for me. I had a call with Vivek and Sudhanshu on Friday and they fixed the issue for me.

Here are the steps.

To apply the chatbot in all your topics in frameless output, follow these steps:
  1. Make sure you have an update 1 build.
  2. Create a chatbot preset and generate it.  
  3. Open the Chatbot output folder, copy the chatbot.js, and chatbot_styles folder.
  4. Open your RH project whose output needs to have the chatbot, in the asset folder (contents/assets) paste the stuff copied in the above step. Your assets folder will now have a js file and a chatbot_styles folder directly inside it.
  5. Create a master page.
  6. Edit the master page: Add the link to chatbot.js and chatbot.css (found in the chatbot_styles folder you copied) in the head of the master page in the source view. Make sure the path is correct for both.
  7. Go to the output tab and add a frameless output, set it up according to your requirements, and then in the "Layout" tab of the frameless preset, choose the master page created in step 4.
  8. Generate Frameless output. At this point, you will be having chatbot rendered on every topic page of your output if you open it on a server.
  9. Go to the Chatbot preset output generated in step 1, copy the asset folder there. (This folder contains all the images/gifs/stylesheets and other assets you used in authoring microcontent for chatbot responses)
  10. Open the frameless output folder you generated, and paste the asset folder directly inside your frameless output folder.
  11. There would already be an asset folder belonging to frameless output, just merge the two folders while pasting.
  12. Host the output using an HTTP server for the chatbot to display. 
  13. The chatbot now will show up on every topic page and will also be able to show responses having images, gifs, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you had more luck than I did. 

Thanks for posting that. I will take a look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Step 8 you say you will have the chatbot rendered on every page if uploaded to a server. Do you mean you will NOT have it rendered as the following steps are needed? Perhaps something will be there but not yet working? Could you please clarify that bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Well, Step 8 is just an outcome of the 7th step. If we try running the output on a server, it should show the bot on all topic pages.

Can you try the following:

Have you added the Master page to the Framelss output preset? - If yes, can you remove it from the output preset and add the Master Page to the individual topics (to test you can try adding it to one topic). Now generate the output as mentioned in the steps above.

Let me know if it works.

Note - When Adobe tried the steps on my project, we had added the Master Pages to both the output preset and individual topics. But it didn't work. The conclusion was the issue might be specifc to my project. We then  removed the Master page from the ouput preset and generated the output. It worked.

The reason it did not work in the first instance is because, if you take a look at the HTML source of a topic in the output folder, you would see the chatbot.js called twice in the Head of the topic. Ideally, it must be called just once. 

If you also have the same issue then it is a bug and Adobe will look into it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but it's not working for me. 

The bit I'm not getting with Steps 7/8 is that at that stage you have not added the stuff in the following steps. Are you saying that you will see the icon for the chat pod but that it just doesn't render properly yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once step 8 is completed, you must see the chatbot in the output. Steps 9-13 are only to get the images/gifs to the output if in case you have added any to the chatbot microcontent.

If you are not getting the chatbot in the output, I think it might be because the path to the chatbot.css and chatbot.js in the Master page is not correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp