• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippets repeating themselves in a topic - even when the duplicated text has been deleted

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm using the new version of RoboHelp 2019. When inserting multiple snippets into a topic, some snippets get duplicated outside of the snippet box below.

When I delete the excessive text below the snippet and output, the unwanted text remains. When I check HTML view, it's gone. When I save and restart RH, the duplicate text returns in the editor view again too.

I try new pages, still happens. It seems to be something inside the snippet causing this bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have all updates applied? You should be on 2019.0.14.

I think we need some screenshots to see what you mean. Please use the camera icon above the reply box.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter. All the updates are applied.

• There's no text repeated in the editor.
  • I generate as a PDF - then below happens.
  • I close RoboHelp, re-open it and the repeated text appears in the editor.
  • I delete the repeated text and generate it - but it still appears in the PDF.

This is what happens: 

adamm45990798_0-1594632168196.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Put that topic in a new project and import the variable. Generate a PDF from that and check the problem is still there. If it is, see the Contact page on my site send the new project as instructed there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp