• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change language in AdobeStock?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm a contributor and Adobe Stock website started to speak to me in my local language. As the translation is clumsy and confusing, I'm trying to switch it back to English. Any ideas on where I can do this? I had no luck trying to solve this myself. Thank you!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Michal,

• Go to contributor.stock.adobe.com, log in with your credentials.
  • From your contributor account scroll down the page below and you will get the option "Change the region". Please see the screenshot shared :

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Stock Contributors

Hi Michal,

In order to change the language in Adobe Stock website, please select the region, which changes the language and promotional content you see on the Adobe Stock website as shown in the screenshot below:

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Twarita! One last issue left for me - where do I find the region selection screen? Again, the local version is very confusing and difficult to navigate - even to find the screen you posted.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michal,

• Go to contributor.stock.adobe.com, log in with your credentials.
  • From your contributor account scroll down the page below and you will get the option "Change the region". Please see the screenshot shared :

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it! Thank you so much, this was quite frustrating. Glad it's fixed now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is kind of nonsense, if i live abroad or work abroad, I cant have the local region and change it to english without changing the region?
why cant there be just a language change?
EG. I'm in the Czech republic, and must read czech to use this? why cant we just change language to eng?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly have the same annoying issue – having to change language from German to English everytime I log in to any of the browser apps such as Stock or Firefly. I wish they would sort out this issue already! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exacly the same issue in Belgium. every, but really every time I go to Stock or the Adobe help website, this websites appear in French, which I do not understand (and which is by the way, not the main Belgian language!). Every time I have to some translator to find an option somewhere to change my region, it really does not make any sense at all! Just make a cookie and remember my chosen language, FOR EVER!

And one note to the American programmers in Silicon Valley: Belgium is not a French speaking country, 30% of the people speak French, 40% Dutch and 5% German, everyone understands English, so make the default language: English! Hope you get it this time, my dear Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did forgot Wallon and Luxembourgish, even if they are not official languages. 

There are two problems with Adobe's approach. Linking the region and the language together could be logical from an American point of view, but it is very unlogical from a European point of view. Adobe should have separated the language and the region. A German may well prefer English and a French will prefer French, regardless where they live. Second the region does for a reason unknown to me not keep the preferred language/region.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do agree that, even if the language defaults to something appropriate to the country, changing it to whatever the user desires should be a "sticky" change. You shouldn't have to change it each time you use the site.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In real world, the language is simply disconnected from the country you are in. I can well be in Germany and preferring Hindi as my language. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What many sites do, and what would be optimal, is to allow a user to retain their region setting, but select a different language. 

One benefit of this would be that most people can recognize the word for "language" in whatever the local language is, but may not recognize "change region." 

In my case, I'm working from Japan, and I can easily identify the terms "Language" and "Japanese Language" in Japanese, but I was stumped when confronted with "Change region" as it was unfamiliar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, me too! I am in Thailand and can easily identify the word in Thai script for "language", but I had never encountered the word for "region" due to rarity of usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a crooked approach. My Region lets you select more languages (English-German-French), but they are not all the languages that are spoken in my region. Very often, people would like to select Portuguese or Italian or even Polish, Czech, or other. In addition, it jumps always back to French, even that I would prefer English.

The designer wanted to spare us a menu entry, but they completely failed with their approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go to Adobestock.com home page, then scroll down to the bottom. At the footer bottom left click "CHANGE REGION". Then select your region that will change the language.

nilanthar98223359_0-1665733969563.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😉 that's what the correct answer from @twaritar3263062 said.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/how-to-change-language-in-adobestock/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So where is it ???? I'm on stock and there's nothing like you say here. Guys, it's totally frustrating !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contributor.stock.Adobe.com 

bottom of the page, left edge, in the black border - "Change Region"

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stock (https://stock.adobe.com) or contributor stock (https://contributor.stock.adobe.com) it's always at the footer of the page. You need to scroll down:

Abambo_0-1668076609568.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: In contributor stock, there are follow-up screen, that do not feature the change region link, so make sure to be on your contributor home page.

The change region is also available on other Adobe pages, I think that it works cross site. The only place where I find that it is not sticky is stock and contributor stock. I need to change it always from French (one choice for my region) to English (my preferred choice). 

I think, this behaviour is coded in stock, because you need to make purchases in your region, as some assets are not available in all regions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you found it..:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines