• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"One or more technical issues"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on all my the photos I've submitted offers no help at all. I've done several searches for technical issues with nothing more than very vague answers.  Telling me my photos have technical issues without being very specific about what they are and how to FIX leaves me with no photos accepted.  Thanks, great job review team!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

If you look through this forum, you would see that several contributors post their photos and recieve detailed info on what the errors are.  If you would take the time to post one or two photos I would gladdly help. By the way, we are not the review team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

@ida5CA0 As @RALPH_L explained, most of us are not Adobe employees but are happy to look at your submissions to give you some ideas of why your photos might have been rejected. Keep in mind that Adobe's review team is working with extremely high volume and it is impossible to give every contributor specifics for every image as to the rejection reasons. It's your responsibility, as the creator, to know what is likely to be rejected in the first place and then find and apply the fix. These are the

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe actually does provide clear guidelines on what is acceptable and advice on how to achieve it. Have you read all the info posted on the "Learn and Support" pages? Adobe definitely has a higher quality standard than other sites; it's their point of differentiation to be able to offer high quality images from within Adobe Apps. Adobe Moderators do NOT reject all images; that would be a going-out-of-business proposition. My rejection rate initially was 20-25%, until I learned to inspect all of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look through this forum, you would see that several contributors post their photos and recieve detailed info on what the errors are.  If you would take the time to post one or two photos I would gladdly help. By the way, we are not the review team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ida5CA0 As @RALPH_L explained, most of us are not Adobe employees but are happy to look at your submissions to give you some ideas of why your photos might have been rejected. Keep in mind that Adobe's review team is working with extremely high volume and it is impossible to give every contributor specifics for every image as to the rejection reasons. It's your responsibility, as the creator, to know what is likely to be rejected in the first place and then find and apply the fix. These are the basic reasons for technical rejection:

• dark (underexposed)
  • light (overexposed)
  • blurry (out of focus)
  • grainy (too much noise)
  • subject isolation (wrong depth of field)
  • overprocessing (unrealistic colors and pixels)
  • purple fringing (chromatic aberration)
  • dirt and spots (clean your lens)
  • shake (use a tripod)

These issues usually stem from equipment limitations or the operator not fully understanding what they are doing. Use this check list against your shots to see if they pass each test. Be sure to inspect your images from 100 to 200 percent in each area of the frame looking for problems. If you think your shots pass muster, please share one or two photos that were rejected and we'll give you some feedback! It's also possible that the reason "technical issues" has to do with something not specifically technically-related per se but we can't figure out what that might be sight unseen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not worried about it--wow, people are way too serious here.  Why in the world would you even have a site where anyone can submit photos if they're just going to reject them all. 

I'll stick with the sites that have very clear guidelines to follow from the start.  And when they reject photos, let me know exactly why so I'm not spending hours in the dark trying to figure out what Adobe rejected (but no one else has) and has to keep it a big secret.
How hard is it for a company like Adobe to post some clear and specific guidelines to follow, put them in a numbered list for rejections and add the number(s) to each rejection so we know what they're looking at and how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I had a laugh when you said people are too serious. I am guilty of that! But to be fair, you said, "... if they're just going to reject them all," but keep in mind that Adobe stock launched with 40 million photos in 2015. How many more have they added since then? So anyone can submit photos and they clearly haven't rejected them all ... maybe just the ones you've submitted so far?

BTW: I like your suggestion of providing a numbered list that gives the rejection reason. Let's hope [#10: Other] is not used too much though, lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, that's exactly what it's like now---mine are all marked Other! I
mean how do you have a review process without criteria. Thanks for the
humor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe actually does provide clear guidelines on what is acceptable and advice on how to achieve it. Have you read all the info posted on the "Learn and Support" pages? Adobe definitely has a higher quality standard than other sites; it's their point of differentiation to be able to offer high quality images from within Adobe Apps. Adobe Moderators do NOT reject all images; that would be a going-out-of-business proposition. My rejection rate initially was 20-25%, until I learned to inspect all of my images much more carefully before submission. Once I learned to do that, I seldom have a rejection for a technical reason - usually only an IP rejection which is kind of a guessing game for contributors.

You still haven't posted any of your images for critique; should you decide to do so the helpful community members will be glad to comment.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of very helpful community members on this forum that would be glad to review your images and provide helpful input. Please post a few. As to the lack of specific feedback from the Moderators, keep in mind that their sole job is to quickly review and accept images into the database that have sales potential. It is NOT their job to make you a better photographer; there are many other resources that will enable you to improve, but it takes time, patience and constant practice.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock reviewers must examine 1,500+ images & videos each day.  They don't have time to give detailed feedback to everyone. Also they're not here to teach you good technique.  It's assumed that all Stock photographers already know their craft.  If not, they should take some photography courses or find another hobby.  🙂

Adobe Stock customers are very serious minded-people on a mission.  They come here expecting the highest visual and technical quality for use in their own projects.  When stock images are used in million dollar commercials, nothing less than perfect will do.

See links below.

Better luck next time.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ida5CA0 ,

I'm sorry to hear that all your images are rejected. That means they have not met the high standard of stock. I agree, technical issue is a bit wide. However, it simply means there are issue there that will inhibit your ability to make you highest potential earnings. You are not only competing with experienced photographers, but also with other stock platforms. You want your images to sell for the highest possible price and the highest possible multiple times. That is with quality. Now reviewers do not have time to be detailed with any of us, so what Adobe does? In the notification Adobe send you to where you can get personal help from multiple people. Here's how.

You are first told about the rejection:

"Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, during our review we found that it contains one or more technical issues, so we can't accept it into our collection."

You are then sent to printed information:

"To learn more about the reasons why we decline certain images, including technical issues, please visit this page: https://www.adobe.com/go/stock-contributor-help"

You are then given a link to the Academy Board Forum:

"You might also find the Academy Board Forum to be a helpful resource. You're welcome to post your image there for constructive feedback from a group of your peers. Here's the link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors/bd-p/Stock-Contributors"

There you are told where to post your rejected image for personal help. No other platform does that. Most others that review just reject, and that's it. Others will allow you to upload just about anything and they don't get sold, or very slow sale.

The first link you are sent to has a wealth of guidelines if you read every link. When you reach out to the second link with your images you are likely to get others with details of which technical issue covers. Basically it is a term used for all the issue that All reviewers look for.

For example, after we help you to identify the issues of your photos we might give you additional links such as Tips for getting your stock photos accepted | Adobe Learn & Support tutorials

Therefore it is unfair for you to say Adobe do not provide guidelines. You are reluctant in following the simple guideline to upload your file to where you will get one-on-one help that will take you to the next level of stock photography. Also check this out:

On Adobe platform I search for technical issue for photos and found these topics that discuses the different technical issues. I Google Adobe Technical Issue Rejection and found this which is a solved technical issue question. I search in the community, the one this post is in and found this 409 results. 

@J E L would not be able to present a list, if there was no criteria, and Adobe reviewers only reject files with issues. If all your files are rejected then it means they all have issues - some you might be able to correct. You will not know the difference if you refuse to submit them for us to look at them. All of us go through the same drill. 

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good stuff, @jacquelingphoto2017. FYI, I was not suggesting I could provide or present a list of any type, only that the OP's idea of having a numbered list that could be assigned to a rejection reason was a fair idea. That really was a lead in to my joke, which did get a chuckle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @J E L ,

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I was not suggesting that you (as originating from you) could provide or present a list. You outlined a list of technical issues the reviewers look for that is correct. I found it excellent. I suggested that you would not have that knowledge if Adobe did not have criteria. I assume you are a contributor like myself, and if not, you must have found that information somewhere on Adobe platform.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, a list or something easier to find was my idea. All mine. Just a
thought. I know, crazy suggestion. Especially since there are hundreds of
inquiries in the forum looking for the exact same information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, that's very kind, @jacquelingphoto2017. I just made the list up off the top of my head as I was responding! I am only a contributor to AS in that I submitted a few images a few years ago on the platform basically so I could understand the process in order to advise other photographers. I was an editorial shooter decades ago when we used sub-agents to resell our stories and then I worked on the stock side buying as a photo editor and acquiring, editing, and licensing images as a stock agent. Now I've really dated myself back to Comstock days, lol. Thanks again for giving such a terrific summary with reference links to all of AS's online guidance, too!

PS: Interesting tidbit: In 1997, Comstock was the first major stock agency to offer a line of CD-ROM discs with royalty free images, betting that the "web" would be the future for stock sales. I remember many in the industry on all sides were not happy when that news hit, worrying that prices would soon reach rock bottom. Stock agency print catalogs, something Comstock pioneered in the late 1970s, soon became a thing of the past. Time flies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines