Exit

Technical question: required desktop wallpaper parameters

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have next technical question towards a desktop wallpaper design:

• the guide does not specify the desktop wallpapers, there is only “Web Screen Sizes” (and “Other Screens”) – 1920 x 1080 px; plus “All screen formats must have a resolution of 150 ppi.”
  • My screen is 1920 x 1200 px. Therefore, the prepared images are 3840 x 2400 px by 96 dpi, designed to fit my screen for the test purposes.
  • Should I convert my images from a current format (3840 x 2400 px by 96 dpi, an example is attached) to  (1920 x 1080) x (?) by 150 dpi before submitting?

Sincerely, V

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

The resolution of PPI - pixels per inch. It is how sharp the image is on the screen/monitor.

So the web/mobile layout 150 ppi is saying what resolution must be for digital displays. 

Don't confuse PPI with DPI (Dots Per Inch which is used for printing, PPI is used for digital displays.)

These links might be useful:

What exactly is PPI in a display? - April 2022 - September 2020 updated (digitfield.com)

Resolution To PPI Converter (pixelconverter.com)

Everything You Need to Know about Image Resolution - VideoProc

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Sorry, however, you came on this page, the information applies only to submitting templates 

TestScreenName_0-1652104724944.png

Certainly, 1920 x 1080 will be rejected for normal contributors. See the contributor guide:

TestScreenName_1-1652104991073.png

(Not readable? Says minimum image resolution 4MP).

Wallpapers is NOT a recognised category, but they may be accepted if they pass all the other criteria. This may be a challenge; Adobe are expecting photos for images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us a link to the Adobe page for Stock contributors that says "All screen formats must have a resolution of 150 ppi." please? I have never heard of any special provision for desktop wallpapers in Adobe stock before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, as a beginner, I have a simple reason to ask these questions. Sorry for that, and thank you for your time indeed.
If the image is rejected with a formulation "technical problem," for a digital raster illustration made by hand, it might be unlimited number of technical issues causing this rejection.
One can learn such things either by submitting one version after another, or by asking the experts. I have started with the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I see this is specific to submitting templates, rather than images or vectors. I have to ask, since you note that you're a beginner, whether you have been invited to submit templates? Because it's not something ordinary contributors can do. Details: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/design-template-requirements.html

"For now, our collection of design templates is by invitation-only and represents a relatively small group of artists and agencies."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is not the case - I have found this link looking through the answers to the similar questions. I have nothing to do with the templates. V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, however, you came on this page, the information applies only to submitting templates 

TestScreenName_0-1652104724944.png

Certainly, 1920 x 1080 will be rejected for normal contributors. See the contributor guide:

TestScreenName_1-1652104991073.png

(Not readable? Says minimum image resolution 4MP).

Wallpapers is NOT a recognised category, but they may be accepted if they pass all the other criteria. This may be a challenge; Adobe are expecting photos for images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! This is true - therefore, I submit the wallpapers in my "processing" format 3840x1200x96 dpi (ca. 9 MP), to prevent processing artifacts.

Howevere, I have no idea about specific criteria for the illustrations. E.g. they cannot be underexposed or overexposed, or have many artifacts. It is not vector graphics as well. They can be too dark for specific person or to bright, and so on. I am looking for the answers in forum. Hopefully, I am in the right place at the right time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resolution of PPI - pixels per inch. It is how sharp the image is on the screen/monitor.

So the web/mobile layout 150 ppi is saying what resolution must be for digital displays. 

Don't confuse PPI with DPI (Dots Per Inch which is used for printing, PPI is used for digital displays.)

These links might be useful:

What exactly is PPI in a display? - April 2022 - September 2020 updated (digitfield.com)

Resolution To PPI Converter (pixelconverter.com)

Everything You Need to Know about Image Resolution - VideoProc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I have looked at the info provided by links - now I am fully confused.

My PC monitor with a 24-inch diagonal and resolution of 1920x1200 has >94 ppi. But a tablet/smartphone with 10-inch will have over 200 ppi for the same image, is it right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines