Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

validation time issue due to AI?

Participant ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

validation time issue due to AI?

Shouldn't the number of generative ai image uploads that can be uploaded each month/user be limited?

the spamming of ai images that all end up looking more or less the same causes validation delays even for normal images. Limiting this number of uploads would be both more fair play, a guarantee of better image quality transmitted and time savings for validations.

I'm throwing that idea out to sea!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Limiting AI is an interesting idea.

Another idea is to limit the number of submissions by users who have not yet reached a particular acceptance rate.

I suspect that now, or soon, AIs themselves will be generating and submitting the work, setting up endless new accounts as needed; that's going to be interesting.

Adobe, of course, are keeping all their difficulties, experiences and strategies a close secret.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An interesting approach. An alternative solution would be to moderate standard assets first.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the queue will only grow indefinitely.. limitation is the only way i think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the queue will only grow indefinitely.. limitation is the only way i think.

By @thibaultr20691496

Yes. Adobe can simply refuse to accept AI submissions for a while. I am here quite egoistic. As long as my assets get moderated in a time frame that is acceptable, I won't have a problem with an AI queue waiting a little eternity. It's like at the doctor's office. When you pull the ticket, you see that 627 people are ahead of you. Or in Disney World: waiting time 64 days from this point on.

You got it: I do not submit generative AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at 6 days for 3D illustration validations, it's never been so long, 1 month ago it was 2 days, 4 days max. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at 6 days for 3D illustration validations, it's never been so long, 1 month ago it was 2 days, 4 days max. 😞

By @thibaultr20691496

6 days is a normal time. There has been probably some resources shifted to the AI moderation queue.

My last submission also took 6 days. I most likely never had a same day approval, but my last Illustrative Editorial assets took 2 days only. And that was just before I submitted the photo (with model release).

So, the asset moderation times are still in the green. And honestly, a day before or after does not make a big difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an internal decision that only Adobe can make.

We have no influence over what Adobe does.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not fair for someone to wait almost a month to have 5 handpicked images validated because someone literally uploaded 439 mass generated images at once.

There has to be a limit of images per person so that it is fair for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some royalty free sites take 3 months to review content.  "Almost a month" is nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the point. The point is fair queue distribution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your perspective, that is correct. But from Adobe's perspective, it doesn't matter. Well, it matters if those 400+ assets are all getting refused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly. To measure how flawed a system is you have to test it in extreme situations. If a world-class photographer decides to upload 10 million beach photos, Adobe will spend months just including beach photos. Obviously not ideal for business.

There has to be a limit and randomization system, the easiest to implement is the queue limit per contributor. You can even upload 500 but these remain on stand-by and, as your photos are evaluated, remainig are automatically inserted in the end of queue.

This also avoids mass rejection due to technical problems since the user will realize that is something wrong and will remove the remaining from standby to fix, that won't bring delays since the photo would enter in the end of the queue anyway and the queue moves fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your assumption is flawed.Spamming the system with 10 million beach pictures will get you banned. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. What smart way to solve a problem that shouldn't even exist!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more than ten days for not AI illustration... 😞

when you try to do topical subjects it becomes difficult, you have to anticipate a lot more now... i feel like there is only one line for illustrations, whatever AI or 3D...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe says there is only one queue, AI or not...

"Dear Thibault,

Files are reviewed manually in the order they are received. It takes typically 5 to 7 business days before you receive a response on submitted files.

We are currently experiencing a very high volume of uploads, so unfortunately, the reviewing of files are taking longer than usual.

We appreciate your patience with this temporary delay."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrations is only one queue and the delay should then be currently aproaching two months. Definitly, AI needs it's own queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and AI submiting should be reserved to old members only, for the opportunists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* not for the opportunists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old members vs new members?   Really?  I don't think that's reasonable.

But I wholeheartedly endorse submission limits on Generative AI.  That would help reduce the backlog so everyone's submissions get reviewed in a timely manner. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines