• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

does a vector file turn into a pixel file if the subscribtion is canceld?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wantet to try out somethings with vector "bubbles" to see how far i can work with that. But as my licens expired, they are not vector anymore, but weirdly cut pixel. What is the problem here? i read that this should not happen.

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably you downloaded the file to your computer? Adobe can't change what you downloaded. But maybe you unsubscribed to Illustrator at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm downloading the files yes. but im working with affinity designer. I can open the files an see the vectors, but when i reopen them, their not vectors anymore. I safe them the same way as i safe other files with vectors in them, so i supposed it has something to do with AdobeStock. Hasn't anyone ever heard something like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefanie,

Adobe is a great company with wonderful products that can do magic from time to time, but there is no possibility for Adobe to turn a vector file into a pixel graphic, when you cancel the stock subscription. And indeed, Adobe would not do that as you acquired a licence of the asset, and you can use that asset perpetually, as long as you do not hit one of the licence limitations.

Vector assets open best with Adobe Illustrator, but you are free to use any product on the market to get your work done. I would, however, ask support from Affinity Designer forum for problems like this. As I do not work with Affinity Designer, I'm unable to give you qualified support, but I would guess that your trouble starts with saving the data in Designer.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, i'll search the problem somewhere else then!

Another related question: Are all the SVG files with seperate elements and different layers, or are some of them just pictures that can be blown up without loosing quality? If so, is there a way to identify such files without different elements?

Thanks alot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vector files can be scaled as wished with no quality loss. Most come with layers, but not all. there is no possibility to know the internal structure of an asset prior to licensing.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started