• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to filter out certain attributes when searching (ie smiling)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to use stock for various projects, and it is frustrating that all the people are smiling or laughing.

I have searched with "no smiling" or -smiling) but nothing works.

Does anyone know?

TOPICS
Search , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try 'stern expression," "angry expression," "stoic expression," etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Angry' ...!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are applying correct method but somehow I am noticing we do not use "smile" much on keywords attached to images, I do suggest that you be more descriptive on non-smiling keywords i.e. frown, sad, angry - this will give more desirable result.  I will by the way convey this issue to product management.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally get what you (and daniellei) are saying. I really just want normal looking people who aren't all grinning or practically laughing in every situation. I'm not sure how to ask for that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be tricky. Most of my assets are of fashion or people in general who are rarely smiling. Or looking suprised or angry or whatever. If they are, I specifically say so in my titles and keywords. If they have no expression at all, which most don't, I don't indicate so in my titles or keywords. Maybe I'll start. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsmiling ? Serious, sad, somber, close-mouthed...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm trying to figure out a better way to ask. 

Try putting 

friends coffee

into the search, everyone is laughing or smiling like they just won the lottery. How do I search for people just having coffee? I mean a smile would be ok, but I don't want anger/frowning/stern...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"serious friends having coffee"    results in very few smiling faces....

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All in all, in my view there is a severe lack of motifs with ordinary people who are not jubilantly happy - both privately and in business. Apparently there isn't that much demand for them ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started