• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Says "100% Editable Text", but I have no way to edit??

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased this image (an AI file) and it claimed to be "100% Editable Text," and "Easy Usage"... but I'm assuming I have no way to edit (please see screenshot)?  This is so frustrating!!!

2022-02-21_17h19_39.png

 

[moderator edited topics]

TOPICS
Asset Quality , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

No, it's not editable. Indeed, it requires you to rebuild the effect, which is not what the description suggests. Calling @Contributor1 for further investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Hello, I've granted you a replacement license and will send the asset to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Hello, I've granted you a replacement license and will send the asset to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Hello, I've verified the issue and granted you a replacement credit. This asset should have already been removed, my apologies.  I'll send the asset to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not editable. Indeed, it requires you to rebuild the effect, which is not what the description suggests. Calling @Contributor1 for further investigation.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  It's very disheartening people feel like they need to lie like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't make them happy, as the asset will be checked and deleted. It's more the problem that the user spends much time getting the asset he or she looks for, and then learns that it is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues here as well with multiple files that say they are 100% editable. I've licensed and tried downloading numerous times from difference browsers, allowing popups, clearing cache etc.

@Contributor1 

https://stock.adobe.com/images/smoking-vintage-gothic-old-style-typeface-on-dark-background/95793247

https://stock.adobe.com/images/prometheum-and-vanadium-is-an-ornate-antique-style-font-with-gold-edg...

https://stock.adobe.com/images/smile-fun-comic-round-yellow-purple-and-line-editable-adobe-illustrat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I can see, stock vectors cannot have editable text. I'd love to hear otherwise, but there seem to be countless stock graphics making this false claim. Seems that it would be easy for reviewers to detect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can contribute vector files with editable text. The font should be limited to an open source or preferably (as we are here with Adobe) to an Adobe font. But many assets have outlined fonts, which are obviously not editable text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the vector versions of the files (as in the settings):

Abambo_0-1650470033981.png

Your first 2 links look to me as alphabets, that you need to copy and paste into your text. It's not an effect applied to a font. The last one may be a simple outlined font, and then it's not editable for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did downloaded as a vector, but unfortunately it is flattened, and I can't seem to edit it in any capacity what so ever. I've never had an issue before, this is the first time, and seems like I'm really striking out today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've verified the issue with 328358760 and granted you a replacement credit. I'll send the asset to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the asset. The other two vectors I believe are working correctly as they have the full alphabet and each letter can be selected/edited individually.

text vector.PNG

text vector 2.PNG

Missing Editable Font Replaced by Blocky Font.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded this very same graphic and I find it uneditable as well. Now I am here because I was searching for some help and it is ironic that this is the very same asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The asset in question is 314178437

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct. It's still available...

@Contributor1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I cannot use this asset, would our account be eligible for a credit? Thanks in advance for your help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've verified the issue and granted you a replacement credit. This asset should have already been removed, my apologies.  I'll send the asset to the content team for review. Thank you for the report and sorry for the problem with the asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! and thanks for being there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started