• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single math node with drop down and an output ever showing something.

Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in pixel processor is always a kind of miss and hit, try and see for me and whenever I am trying to invent something I do it in Blender.

Because it so much more convenient there. If you want to try another math opperation you just switch the node , you don't have to go through the list of them again and reconnect.

But the main reason is Blender viewer and output nodes you can connect to anything and it always show you something. In SD you do it blindfolded half a time . Pixel processor expect vector 2 , you couldn't even output anything different to see . No spreadshit pannel to see what numbers is passing either . Half a time you just have no idea . It so damn inconvenient . Earlier I used Sverchok addon for Blender . It always showed some clue what goes through each node at least. In Sd I aleays have to copy paste to value processor to see something .It's so inconvenient.

I alredy recreated a few of SD nodes in Blender  and one day may  stay there altogether.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion! Substance model graphs currently follow this paradigm, where a single node lets you select different operations – see Binary operation on float node for an example. The numeric value output by a node is also displayed in this graph type.

However, the way function graphs are computed in Substance material graphs currently does not allow us to access the values output by any given node. We can only display the graph's output.

I understand this is inconvenient, it has been a frustrating limitation for us as well for some time. Unfortunately, we do not have any plans to share at this point in time about addressing this limitation.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate