• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Painter tangent space & triangulation still doesn't match with Unreal

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the recent baker update I noticed that the triangulation in substance painter still does not match with Unreals. Therefore even when baking with Compute tangent space per fragment: Enabled the resulting normal map will have issues in Unreal Engine.
to demonstrate i baked a flat plane onto a wavy quad plane in designer and in painter.
as you can see the painter bake has visible triangulation artefacts, while the designer bake is perfect.

image.png

i didn't test this, but i believe the painter/marmoset triangulation matches with Unity, but there is no toggle on mesh import to change it.
so such a toggle seems the only solution to be able to bake characters for Unreal Engine in substance painter without issues.

the non-highlighted planes are with triangulation before baking and then importing the quad mesh in Unreal, as you can see it just leads to even more visible baking issues.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Baking , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?