• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Painter: Move path control points with arrow keys

Participant ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using the Paint Along a Path feature to draw a shape, I sometimes find that I need to slide the shape that I've drawn "up or down a little" and this is an excercise in frustration. While it is possible to select all of the control points in a shape, it is not possible to move them all as one. Simply being able to shift points along global XYZ with the arrow keys would be a huge improvement.

As a follow-up, adding the ability to "maintain snap to face" would be a bonus, but more difficult implementation. Imagine a circle of path points around the base of a cone. Selecting any number of points and moving them "up" would hopefully cause them all to simply translate upwards; projection depth would determine whether they still leave paint on the surface.

But with "maintain snap" enabled, the initial "closeness" of the points to a surface would be checked, to determine if each point is snapped onto a face, and if so, the direction to that face. As the Up key is pressed, each point would raycast towards the initial detected direction, and if the face is detected, snap to it. On a cone, this would result in a ring of points scaling inwards as they are moved upwards.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel like a good addition to this would be able to move with the mouse too.  Having the ability to move multiple selected points feels like a must.  Another good addition I could see fitting into this could be the ability to move multiple lines/strokes at once

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources