• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching User Posts - Not Working

Enthusiast ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go to a user profile - for example, my own - at the top of the page is a search entry window:

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 7.18.21 PM.png

As illustrated it very clearly says "Search this user's posts". I interpret this to mean that a term I enter here will be used to list posts that this user has made that match the search term.

If I - for example - type "relink" in this search bar, I expect it to find post this user (in this example, me) has made with the term "relink" in them.

Instead I get this:

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 7.18.52 PM.png

 ... 3000 search hits, none of which are made by the user in question (in this example, me). (I can assure you that I have not made 3000 posts that include the word "relink").

Not working as expected.

R.

[NOTE: DO NOT MOVE THIS POST TO THE PREMIERE PRO FORUM. THIS IS A BUG REPORT / QUESTION ABOUT THE ADOBE SUPPORT COMMUNITY FUNCTIONALITY.]

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search filter is not User Specific.   It never has been. It searches the entire database which leaves much to be desired.

For best results, you'll need 2 or 3 words from the topic title to narrow your search.

As an example, I know I posted a topic about White Balance a few months ago.  When I type the first 2-3 words of the topic title and hit Enter, I'm presented with these matching results and in this case, my topic is the first one.

image.png

The alternative is to do a Google search

Adobe community, Remote Index, "relink"

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea,

"The search filter is not User Specific."

What is "Search this user's posts" intended to mean?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an error.  I agree the placeholder text that appears in the Search Form is miseading & should be changed to "Search the Community." This matter was brought to the team's attention quite a while ago but it hasn't been addressed yet.

This community platform is leased from a 3rd party company called Khoros. We report issues.  Adobe prioritizes them by level of urgency and submits them to the Khoros team for implementation.  Maybe it will be addressed in the next update.  🤞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, Thanks for posting this information. R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search is awful, you even can't search in a particular product ecosystem/section.

I mentioned this a year ago, I guess... they promissed to fix it somehow, still waiting.

Regarding your question, there's a filter by author

IvanZayats_0-1693103452506.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ivan Zayats,

Thanks for the comment. Yes, there is a filter by author - on a different page. I was commenting on the functionality of the search bar at the top of the user profile - which indicates it can be used to "Search this user's posts".

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Remote Index 

Sometimes I do a Google search:

janee_0-1693153137952.png

Other times I use Ctrl(Cmd)+F and search my page — after changing the filter to "My Latest Contributions)

janee_1-1693153557310.png

The forum software is not Adobe — it's an outside vendor. There are some things Adobe can change and some things they are stuck with. We can bring this up again. Removing it would be less confusing (if Adobe is allowed.)

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e, Thanks for you suggestion. This seems like a good workaround for the question of searching user posts. It doesn't change what is either a misrepresentation or a non-functioning feature. Either way, something needs to be corrected.

Adobe is responsible for these forums.

Adobe lists these forums as one of three support options.

Adobe is the one that charges me every month, and receives my money every month.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteAdobe is responsible for these forums.

Adobe lists these forums as one of three support options.

Adobe is the one that charges me every month, and receives my money every month.

By @Remote Index

=============

These are user-to-user forums. You 'll rarely see much staff participation here.  I said before, Adobe doesn't own this platform.  They merely lease it from a 3rd party.

If you have a genuine product issue that's unresolved, by all means contact Adobe Care via live chat or Twitter.  The official Adobe support channels are available to you in English 24/7.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/adobecare

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have only seen "Search this user's posts" on profile pages, and I've used it successfully in the past to search my own posts.

It stopped working some time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate