Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

+1 Jive bug: Jived up page and "next" buttons COMPLETELY broken

Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm on another Adobe forum right now, clicking "Next" (both the top and bottom link), and clicking page "2".  They all do the same thing-- it scrolls to the top of the screen, and STAYS on page 1.

Meanwhile, THIS forum works perfectly fine, both next and page links.

Chrome 2.0.172.33

"Google Chrome is up to date", it says. A simple page link should work.

But even if it wasn't up to date, this inconsistent and seemingly random behavior of JiveJax (Jive's garbage implementation of Ajax) is completely buggy and not production worthy.  Not production worthy, even in a Dunkin Donuts web discussion forum.  Heck, even more irrelevant and useless--not production worthy of being used as forum software for Congress!

So is this a new bug, or has it also been reported 50 times?  Funny that ever since I decided to stop ignoring weird stuff like this (page reloads tend to fix this stuff), posting bug reports instead (perhaps I should just say just posting here instead, since Adobe isn't reading any "reports"), I've noticed the bug count pile even higher than I would have imagined in such a short time.  It's like I just learned to tune out all the weird stuff, hit reload, and move on.  Is this really how it's supposed to be?

Yep, a reload of the page fixed it. Wow..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BY THE WAY. Here's a little bit of interesting information. I just had to try posting this message THREE times before it went up. The first two times it said:

"An unexpected error has occurred"

(and that was it, blank white space below)

I'm lucky the auto-recovery feature worked to bring the post back. Now I see why Jive implemented it-- it lets you recover from all of the other bugs.

+1 Jive bug, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn do I miss Dunkin' Donuts.

The next and page number buttons work fine in Safari.  Maybe you need to switch to a less standards compliant browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what jesse said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all about the Boston Kreme...

img_6590.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting  bugs on unsupported browsers is not helpful to the forums. IF anyone is attempting to use the forums to track bugs for fixing, then you are making their job more difficult. I get it, you like Chrome. If its not supported and causes issues, then it is your problem and not Jive's nor Adobe's. I use an unsupported program. I use NetNewsWire on a Mac. It causes me fewer issues than Safari. Strangely, it is based upon the same Webkit that Safari uses. Go Figure. However, if it caused more issues, then it would be my problem not Adobe's. I do use several browsers and different OSs depending upon the task and application I need to use. It is my problem to use a supported system, not the other way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem here is that the "unsupported" browser is the only browser I can get this crap working correctly on.  Kind of funny huh?  I can't install anything else here and IE is way, way too slow.  Even if I could use Opera, I already know this Jiveing text input box does all kinds of strange things in that browser.

So that's three browsers, three that aren't working correctly with Jiveware. Huh? Did someone remember to check whether Jive supports the Internet?  I'm not sure it does.

And I thought someone said "Safari sucked"? So now I have to switch to "teh suck" browser to use "teh suck" forums... I guess that would be fitting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't have any problems with firefox 3.0.10, firefox 3.5, ie 6, ie7 or ie8.

sounds like you've got a classic PEBCAK error to me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

i don't have any problems with firefox 3.0.10, firefox 3.5, ie 6, ie7 or ie8.

sounds like you've got a classic PEBCAK error to me!!!

Har, har. I wish it were that simple. And no, it's not an "8th layer problem" either. I can't use Firefox here, and honestly IE just sucks in more way than one. The slowness may be due to the crap workstation I have for interwebbing (sad that IE is that much slower than Chrome that it's unusable here), but none of this can be altered for the time being. Chrome is pretty much my only choice here. I'm lucky to have that even.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use FireFox 3.5 just as well as SeaMonkey 1.1.17, or Safari 4.0, or ever Opera 9.64 But usI e Mac Platform. maybe its a OS issue so far as some of the browsers go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't FF/SM work? is it it simply won't work on your machine. Or the company your work for doesn't allow it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between you and Ansury the list of not support browsers has been posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what browsers are supported you've rulled out FireFox, Safari,Chrome, SeaMonkey, IE 5/6/7/8, OmniWeb, Opera, iCab, Konqueror. What else is there left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

what browsers are supported you've rulled out FireFox, Safari,Chrome, SeaMonkey, IE 5/6/7/8, OmniWeb, Opera, iCab, Konqueror. What else is there left.

hehehehe

IE4?

And this is exactly the problem with JIVEware.

So there's a list somewhere? Any free links available for the lazy?

Anyway, I'm glad that my unsupported browser works with Jiveware 99% of the time, at least. If only the "supported" browsers did, too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smoke signals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just trying out OmniWeb.

After making a copy of my userContent.css file (created with help from someone this Forum for SeaMonkey and FireFox) and placing in a data folder and setting up as a custom Userscript for site then pointing to copy, looks as good as in FireFox or SeaMonkey.

Now tried with iCab. Works fine as well.

Message was edited by: Phillip Jones @ 6:25 EDT

Now  finally tried with Safari 4 as well.

Message was edited by: Phillip Jones @ 6:30 EDT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now back to SeaMonkey.

It appears that I can get to forum, and other than the normal bugs (not counting this chrome problem) I can use forum just as well with:

SeaMonkey

Safari

Firefox

iCab

OmniWeb   

Opera.

Ansd it appears in all of these I don't have the problem described above about the chrome type bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ when you use Opera, does your clipboard and return key work correctly in the text box?  Can you cut/paste text and or add new blank lines and have them go into the correct location?

I think I am on a slightly older version of Opera at home (probably 9) so that could be the issue there (well, it's still not excusable for Jive, but at least it would be a fix).

Or, are you telling Opera to mask or identify as another browser like IE or FF?  I think I had the best results masking as FF but still had a few text entry issues that were just terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes return key works just fine.  and clip board seem okay.

Used

Opera 9.64.5270

OmniWeb was 6.2.622.6.1.0.111015

iCab was 4.6.1

Safari 4.0.

No I let it identify automatic which means it identifies itself as 9.64

One of the identities it could use is FireFox 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2009 Jul 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, different version, I have Opera 9.51.

(Which you would think, isn't so different, but not according to JiveWare©.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting  bugs on unsupported browsers is not helpful to the forums

sorry mike if i missed it... where is the official "not supported" browser list? i thought that was a joke someone was tossing around here... you can't really be serious that adobe doesn't support a fully (or nearso) w3c compliant browser...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2009 Jul 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news, everyone!

I just saw the same exact thing happen in Opera, too!  So it's not a Chrome specific problem, it's just a major bug in the forum software itself!

</farnsworth>

Again, reloading the page fixed it.  Also the initial page only had a link for pages 1 and 2 (which didn't work at all), but when I reloaded I ended up with links up to page 5, which worked.

+1 LAME JIVE BUG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 12, 2009 Jul 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great detective work!

try OmniWeb if your on Macintosh, or see if they have a windows version.  or try Windows version of Safari if on Pc and see if you can get it to reproduce on those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tired of trying new browsers, I'll make do with Opera and Chrome....IE if it's the last resort.  Jive sucks so bad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tired of trying new browsers,

then you SHOULD be using firefox!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines