• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14 posts deleted!

Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2009 Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup from the "Joke..." thread. These forums are rapidly going from the sublime to the ridiculous... specially with all these little, tin-pot Hitler's abounding.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 16, 2009 Aug 16, 2009

Didn't know the 4th Reich had taken over here.  Seems like this place gets more pathetic every time I visit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they ran out of server space......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand why these people with the ability to delete posts are using this to control the tendency to post frivolous or abusive messages, but they should leave a note like the old hosts used to. This also serves as a warning to others to desist from such practices.

The present "1984" style of obliteration is not moderating, it is annoying.

<thinks>Oh, maybe they get some satisfaction out of being annoying!</thinks>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truly unorthodoxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you know, i tried that, i even suggested that to the other hosts. The end result? i got so many new nicknames that it's not even funny. And it also gave a lot of work to the other hosts because in the interest of objectivity i didn't touch any of those posts/threads. So thanks but no thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

I can understand why these people with the ability to delete posts are using this to control the tendency to post frivolous or abusive messages, but they should leave a note like the old hosts used to.

You mean like the note I left in place of the content I removed?

This also serves as a warning to others to desist from such practices.

You mean like the three people who immediately reposted the exact same content that was removed?

I would have hoped people would have gotten the message that I will play along if somebody wants to play "test the moderator". Apparently we need to play a few more rounds before some people catch on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean like the note I left in place of the content I removed?

One Swallow doesn't make a summer.

You mean like the three people who immediately reposted the exact same content that was removed?

People will go on doing that until you gain their respect. At the moment you are heartily disliked by a lot of old-timers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is any consolation, the software I have written to work with these forums doesn't allow me to move or lock a thread without a note. Deletion is another matter, since there may not be anything left to post a note. And messages that get deleted automatically based on matching rules only get a note when I supplied one when creating the rule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

If it is any consolation, the software I have written to work with these forums doesn't allow me to move or lock a thread without a note. Deletion is another matter, since there may not be anything left to post a note. And messages that get deleted automatically based on matching rules only get a note when I supplied one when creating the rule.

As I just mentioned in the original "Joke..." thread, I would like to know WHY my comments was removed.  That action was, in my opinion, totally unjustified!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted twice in the Joke thread. Not only are both messages still there, their creation date is identical to their modification date meaning they have not been edited or moderated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original comment I left was the first reply (18 hours ago).  It is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

18 hours ago, at 18:08 UTC, you posted the 14th reply. It is still there: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2180570#2180570

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

18 hours ago, at 18:08 UTC, you posted the 14th reply. It is still there: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2180570#2180570

Oops.  My mistake.  At the time I posted the comment I don't recall that there were any responses to the OP.  Curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

jochemd wrote:

Oops.  My mistake.  At the time I posted the comment I don't recall that there were any responses to the OP.  Curious.

only now, because of the deletions, it's post number 7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Christ! You're using software to moderate the forums?! You think moderation can be automated?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You think that if somebody has a runaway autoreply on his email I delete his stuff manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Threre is no way for software to insert a note in place of the deleted material on the lines of: "The content was deleted at request of Moderator, for rules volation".

If your on a Mac there is a Control Panel called TypeIt4Me  (Most likley similar type for windows) the you  create something like the above then type a shortcut it belongs to. Then delete the content  type the two  or three letter short cut and it types the message for you. TypeIt4Me will allow you to insert a whole page or more of text that you want to periodical Repeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was mostly my doing, Jay. I kept posting an "Up Yours!" image.

I was waiting for video to render and had a jab at wasting some of Jochem's time.

Sure wish I could've seen him fuming over it. Of course, he'll deny it caused him any distress at all.

And I'll bet he'll be lying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phos±four dots wrote:

That was mostly my doing, Jay. I kept posting an "Up Yours!" image.

BTW... would love to see the image... can you send it as a personal message? Or email me... my email address is jhabrix at the big Y .com

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, before I saw this post, I was thinking to myself  "No, there could not have been so many posts deleted; it must be yet another Jive forum glitch. I know! I'll bet that when someone edits a post, this gets logged as a 'reply'. That would fit!", but, no.....apparently not! So I say gosh-wow! Will this post get deleted???

Were I the forum hosts, when the complaints were coming from the everyone from the curmudgeons, to the pretty easy-going folk, to the ones who are very gently spoken, I would take notice, I would like to think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kami, this is what I wrote on the subject in the "Joke..." thread:

Getting into a 32 message thread to find that it ends in message number 18 is disconcerting. And discouraging. Maybe those who were following the thread when those missing messages vanished know what happened, and hopefully they learned some positive lesson, although I doubt it. For the rest, this discrepancy in the number of messages leaves us puzzling: is this a new bug in the software (today I got 404 errors after four attempts!)? Or maybe a bug in the new moderators, who perhaps think that a private and hidden use of a guillotine serves some useful purpose? To their pride, may be. We have this wise saying in Spanish: vence quien convence, to win, you need to convince (in a free translation). With it's variant vences pero no convences, you may be dominating but you are not convincing. And this other one: la pluma es más fuerte que la espada, the pen is stronger than the sword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't know the 4th Reich had taken over here.  Seems like this place gets more pathetic every time I visit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Buko's post has been deleted.... by ?????

Edit: I'd given him the correct answer... but as it's back again for me to re-award... it goes to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines