• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

404 errors on first visit to forums

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got acknolwedgement from Jive that it is a bug in the text editor that is still being worked on.

Can you give me details on the block quote issue? I tried going through some of the other threads, but there is too much noise to find the actual issues.

Also looking for more info on the 404 errors. I had a couple of people email me to say that it was fixed, but others are still reporting it.

Thanks!

[update] Message was edited by: Jochem van Dieten:

Split these messages off from the thread on the Camera icon not working because this is really a different topic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunate news, with FF set to "show blank page" I get the exact same behavior on the Jive support site. I clicked on the x minutes ago link to add my findings to the case and got a 404 and saw a SesssionID in my URL there. NOT what I wanted to see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I have Safari set

to open directly in the main

page of the Discussions forum, and

Explorer and Firefox to open with a blank page. And I didn't type any of the extra linefeeds (this message was posted from Firefox/Mac; I haven't had the issue in the other two browsers in the last couple of days).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote on 12/3/2009 12:04 AM:

But I'm having trouble reproducing it. And that makes it difficult to give a detailed bug report to the engineers.

You have a 100% exact and reproducible testcase in your email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Except that I cannot reproduce it following those steps.

But see more recent messages where I have been able to reproduce it without doing anything to the cookies. Unfortunately, I can also reproduce it on the Jive site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

jochemd wrote:

But see more recent messages where I have been able to reproduce it without doing anything to the cookies. Unfortunately, I can also reproduce it on the Jive site.

OK, where is the funcion()[return A.apply.... garbage in the quote coming from??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

OK, where is the funcion()[return A.apply.... garbage in the quote coming from??

This has been reported elsewhere, and apparently had been corrected...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I think it is an IE thing. Trying a quote now from FireFox...

Claudio González wrote:

John Cornicello wrote:

This has been reported elsewhere, and apparently had been corrected...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are risking having your recent messages deleted. They are in no way related with the Attach Image problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, so I've been told...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote on 12/3/2009 12:33 AM:

jochemd wrote :

>>

>> You have a 100% exact and reproducible testcase in your email.

I'm sure Jive can. If necessary through a telnet session instead of a

browser. Just forward the attachment from my email to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confusion alert. I didn't get an email with an attachment. I was referring to the steps in your previous reply (which I got via email). Please send the email and attachment again.

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I found the email in the spam system. I'll try to get it out of there.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 10, 2009 Dec 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 404 error issue has been confirmed by Jive:

Last Post Minutes link causes 404 error on first visit to page.
Priority:4
Type:Bug
Affects version(s):2.5.16,  3.0.8,
Fixed version(s):Not Scheduled,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question:

why is this attached to thread originally titled:Attach Image Not Working - 11-17-09

Just curosity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PjonesCET wrote:

Question:

why is this attached to thread originally titled:Re: Fixed height on a website - suggestions ?Attach Image Not Working - 11-17-09

Just curosity.

Could it be that the "off topic post will be deleted" rule does not always apply?

Seriously, now, I think that the 404 error and the garbage in the quote blocks are too two separate problems, so maybe a new split in two threads would be advisable. I am not counting my own completely off topic intrusion because that was taken care of in another thread, and because before the split there were too many topics in the thread. As a matter of fact, I think it would do no harm to delete my off topic messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines