Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advocate ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting this sometimes when clicking the time of the last post. I think JC said he thought he knew what the problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Kath-H wrote:

I didn't get a 404 this time, but went to a page with the following (don't know if this is any help to anyone)

throw 'allowScriptTagRemoting is false.';

To JC, most probably. But it seems that he and his team are so busy triyng to put out the (too many) larger fires, that they don't have time at present for these small glitches...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

yes. me too. but this thread is about the 404 errors.

I know.... but who stays on thread? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happening every browser restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup I get it every time I login 3 4 times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive bug CS-12987 'jsessionids printed in the middle of "Last Post" link when anonymous browsing turned on' was fixed in ClearSpace release 2.5.13.

Please report the issue again if you continue to experience this after Adobe has been upgraded to ClearSpace 2.5.13 or later. (Hosts / Community Experts are not privy to the schedule for that upgrade.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2009 Aug 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive bug CS-12987 'jsessionids printed in the middle of "Last Post" link when anonymous browsing turned on' was fixed in ClearSpace release 2.5.13.

Please report the issue again if you continue to experience this after Adobe has been upgraded to ClearSpace 2.5.13 or later. (Hosts / Community Experts are not privy to the schedule for that upgrade.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anonymous browsing NOT on on any machine i've reported this from...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anonymous browsing is a property of the ClearSpace installation, not of specific clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jochem

When you reference a specific version of ClearSpace, it might be helpful to also list the version we are currently using. Just as a casual reader, it has no context for me. Sure, something may be addressed in version X.N.Z, but unless I am aware I'm not using that version, you may as well have said it's the version coming from sector 12 of the Bozambo Nebula.

I sort of inferred from what you posted that we aren't on whatever version addresses the issue at hand. Is that correct?

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of ClearSpace used by Adobe is listed at the nottom of the page. Look for some text like "Adobe Forums powered by Jive Software's Clearspace x.x.x".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah well, only six versions behind.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but sometimes it pays to be a version or two behind. Even with the Adobe software I use and love, I never use the latest version for any real production work. I keep it on hand of course so I'm able to answer questions about it, but for real work I use one version back.

Installing forum software is probably a nightmare in and of itself. I can't fathom the number of servers involved, what is involved in taking them offline to do the upgrade and whatever else has to happen. For me as a user, it's all just magick. I wake up and poof!

In reality, it probably means folks like John Cornicello and others had a very long, painful and trying night. Only to be thanked by receiving several complaints that the forums were down, new issues were introduced, etc.

Definition of an upgrade: Take out old bugs put new ones in!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but sometimes it pays to be a version or two behind. Even with the Adobe software I use and love, I never use the latest version for any real production work.

I'm a software conservative myself.

(We're still using Acrobat 4.05a where I work (this is why I have not been present in the Acrobat Forum these last several years: I used to like helping people out, but these days even the old standby of "No, you can't save forms in Reader" is no longer true!) ; as a production tool, Acrobat seemed to turn into.... something not pleasant.... at about version 6. Bloat bloat bloat bloat bloat!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, so imagine if we were on the current version--more bloat (slower) and probably even more bugs.  The version we're on is the STABLE, older version.  2.57?  Have they patched it 57 times since 2.0?    Oh.... oh NO...

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I usually prefer less "mature" (bloated) software, I still prefer Paint Shop Pro 5 even though the current version is something like 10+ (the company and versioning scheme has since changed... lol).  A lot less bloated and faster than Photoshop too...... (sorry Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if I could, I would still be using the previous version of these forums. Unfortunately, none of my old bookmarks is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Ah well, only six versions behind.  

don't you know that's why we went to jive? because the custom webx code adobe was using was keeping them from running the latest updates. now we can keep up and run the latest and greatest with all the fixes and patches. oh wait... nevermind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

L I B!

C dem E D B D I's? M R snakes!

Thanks... Never noticed that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still getting 404 error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ayup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't had that issue in a few weeks. Of course as soon as I say the the 404 gods will punish me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be because you're using Seababoon or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's SeaMonkey.

It could be, maybe that means its more reliable than the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed one good thing with these 404s: the less often you come to the forums, the less often you get 404s!  I haven't seen one in weeks, for example!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

I have noticed one good thing with these 404s: the less often you come to the forums, the less often you get 404s!  I haven't seen one in weeks, for example!

Weeks?

You're in here complaining every day at least once if not many more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines