Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advocate ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting this sometimes when clicking the time of the last post. I think JC said he thought he knew what the problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Kath-H wrote:

I didn't get a 404 this time, but went to a page with the following (don't know if this is any help to anyone)

throw 'allowScriptTagRemoting is false.';

To JC, most probably. But it seems that he and his team are so busy triyng to put out the (too many) larger fires, that they don't have time at present for these small glitches...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehehe, no I mean I haven't seen a 404 in weeks, not that I haven't been in this cesspool of a forum.  Because while I used to complain multiple times a day, including using the product forums when tolerable, I'm visiting less and less.  But that seems to be the case for just about everyone, except perhaps mods.

Less Jive usage = less jiving of the users!  A simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting 404 error I thought this would be fixed by now.

I guess with all the banning and deleting there is no time for fixing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting it the first time I load my browser.  I have to load,  refresh and then view the threads or I will get the 404 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, this was originally only an Internet Explorer issue. Then it began affecting other browsers I use, although the error disappeared the second time if the first time I went back and clicked on the Last post button. Now I am getting the error the second time as well. Definitely, it has not been fixed; it's getting worse all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen a 404 error in weeks. Not saying it doesn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Then consider yourself one of the few.

Happens to me every time after a browser restart on both Mac and Windows with all browsers. Go in to a forum, click on "last Post" and BAM, 404 error.

Go back to forum, hit refresh, click on "last Post" and then it works fine until I restart the browser.

On the Mac it isn't much of an issue since I'll go all day without actually quitting the browser but with Windows, you close the window and you quit out of the browser so I go through it every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

Then consider yourself one of the few.

Happens to me every time after a browser restart on both Mac and Windows with all browsers. Go in to a forum, click on "last Post" and BAM, 404 error.

Go back to forum, hit refresh, click on "last Post" and then it works fine until I restart the browser.

On the Mac it isn't much of an issue since I'll go all day without actually quitting the browser but with Windows, you close the window and you quit out of the browser so I go through it every time.

That's a rather dumb way of doing things. Mac's have had multitasking eons. Us Mac people can open another application while running. and new application take over focus. But the browser will remain running then click on its Dock Icon and it switches back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what PJ ...                                  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH am I Cool?

I am just going by previous comments that the second he opens a new application it kills the browser. It shouldn't do that . I thought windows was multitaking a lot earilier than Mac. And the last time you couldn't MultiTask on Macs was when using OS9.

here graf's  item quoted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, there are times when it is much better to remain silent than trying to explain. I would say this is one of those occassions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

OH am I Cool?

I am just going by previous comments that the second he opens a new application it kills the browser.

Dude. Read it slower. Not what I said at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 27, 2009 Sep 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Quote>but with Windows, you close the window and you quit out of the browser so I go through it every time.</Unquote>>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, did you happen to read the last paragraph of the message you quoted and were responding? If you were in Chile, I would tell you the usual phrase for cases like this, "no me ayude, compadre", something like "please don't help me, mate!".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's our Phillip...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2009 Sep 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

This is not a Mac vs PC issue. I've been running PS, PageMaker and several 3D paint apps. on my PC, at the same time for over a decade. The 404 errors, or similar have nothing to do with other apps.. They are related to the Web site.  Now, I will not enter into the Mac vs PC debate, but we (PC-users) in the dark ages of Windows 1.2.

Keep the faith,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Phillip,

This is not a Mac vs PC issue. I've been running PS, PageMaker and several 3D paint apps. on my PC, at the same time for over a decade. The 404 errors, or similar have nothing to do with other apps.. They are related to the Web site.  Now, I will not enter into the Mac vs PC debate, but we (PC-users) in the dark ages of Windows 1.2.

Keep the faith,

Hunt

I wasn't the one that brought the issue up ite was Graph with this comment:

<quote>but with Windows, you close the window and you quit out of the browser so I go through it every time.</quote>

The only thing I said previously was that current I hadn't seen and 404  errors for a few weeks. Then Graph made his comments.  Then I made my comment to that part of his comment.

AS for me Computer platform wars were over long ago. They were silly. I believe in whatever floats your boat. if you like PC's fine. If you like Mac's Fine.

I think is funny that I make a comment of how things are working on my Macs, if it happens to work better The PC community gets there hackles up. If however; if something doesn't work as good as on a PC then they Pile it on. Years ago I use to be defensive. but now that I am 60, I have other worries rather than if I use a PC or a Mac or someone else. I've grown accustomed to working on a Mac and remember all the grief PC machine gave the school system I worked in. At one time PC operating systems were so simple a 12 year old could figure out how to remove a file and crash a whole system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could everybody please cut it out? All the Mac vs. Windows, IE vs

whatever discussion is totally irrelevant to the subject of 404 errors.

The answer to the original question about 404 errors has been given a

long time ago, but I'll repeat it here for you:

Jive bug CS-12987 'jsessionids printed in the middle of "Last Post" link

when anonymous browsing turned on' was fixed in ClearSpace release 2.5.13.

Please report the issue again if you continue to experience this after

Adobe has been upgraded to ClearSpace 2.5.13 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind, read it wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time I have to agree with you. And as it seems that we will be stuck with version 2.5.7 for a long time, all I have done is to report changes from what I observed at the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Please report the issue again if you continue to experience this after

Adobe has been upgraded to ClearSpace 2.5.13 or later.

And when is this upgrade going to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

And when is this upgrade going to happen?

Never?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree except for except this brief sidestep both I and Graph  did get into this.

But for the most part, I have reported what I've seen so far as the 404 error is concerned using SeaMonkey.

And it may make a difference what Browser is used.

Primarily I use SeaMonkey/Firefox/Camino (all Mozilla products) while other use IE, or Opera, Chrome.

Who knows maybe the browser does have an effect. So the talk about different Browser may actually make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Sorry if I got things wrong. I probably could stand to brush up on my reading comprehension skills.

AS for me Computer platform wars were over long ago. They were silly. I believe in whatever floats your boat. if you like PC's fine. If you like Mac's Fine.

I agree that they should have ended decades ago. Way back, most of my graphic design clients were on Mac, and I was the lone PC user. Many of these folk were under the impression that if an image ever touched a PC, it was ruined forever. Not sure if they thought that cooties would infect it, of if it was just a gris-gris thing. I quickly learned to never tell them that I was on PC. One client went so far as to cut a file's resolution to about 12%, just so an image enhancement person could fit it onto her under-powered Mac. After a few weeks of horrible output, I told him that I had bought a Mac, and took the file to my PC. In moments, all of the work was done, and shipped off to the sep-house on a Mac-formatted SyQuest disk. The result was fabulous and no complaints from the sep-house, or the printer. My client told me what a great job it was, and how glad he was that I was no longer using PC's. I never corrected that impression.

Hey, "some of my best friends are on Mac's... " [Reference to a similar statement from back in the 1970's on another subject.]

Actually, I'm trying to learn a few things about the differences with Mac's and PC's to help Mac-users on the PrPro and Encore fora. Have to admit that I am a slow learner, but trying.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there's a 'Dummies' book (no offence ) just abut switching to the Mac, we got it for someone working for us who only knew Windows. To be honest, she barely needed it - a few minutes' disorientation (where's My Computer, My Documents, My Little Pony and what's this desktop thing that's always under everything, I closed the document but the app didn't quit) and she was away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2009 Sep 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

You don't have to close the window, just minimise it to the Task Bar. Firefox is runnning all day with me, even on this dinky liitle netbook.

But the 404 error seems to occur (or not occur) for no particular reason. I haven't had one since St Swithin's day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines