• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat forums

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the Acrobat forums are moving to http://answers.acrobatusers.com/ (not sure if that's a good idea or bad yet. I know the forum layout sucks eggs on a Mac in all browsers but that's another story) but, shouldn't there still be a notice or something letting people know where to go? They marked read-only but nothing is on the page explaining why or where to go?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

It really the other way around. You can post questions at answers.acrobatusers.com, but it's really intended for short, simple questions. Folks there have been told to direct more complicated questions to the Acrobat forums here, which are now almost the same sub-forums as the old acrobatusers forum.

The Windows and Mac Acrobat sub-forums here have been discontinued (made readonly). Folks just need to post in one of the other sub-forums, as appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into kind of a related twist. Yes, the highlighting of visited posts still does not exists. But what I am finding now is that Adobe keeps adding more topic areas to the Acrobat site. I generally like to see the ideas in all the posts, not just individual topics. It may be that folks going to get help in a very specific topic area do not get it because folks like me do not take time to visit that area, though I may have the answer. For me it would be useful to have the option to just have a combined listing of ALL topics, not the different groups.

I observed this as Adobe added a topic area on installation. That is not an area I would normally visit, but did today and found some folks with problems that I made suggestions on.

I am also finding folks having to clarify things related to MAC or PC because it is not clear what system is in use or to which the question applies. I still see this new forum model as a problem and much prefer the older split between MAC and PC. I think that a lot of MAC users are having to suffer with all the PC solutions and problems that seem to be dominating a lot of the questions as I read them. I am sorry for the MAC users, though it is not a problem for me as a PC user.

Just thought I would push this topic list back up. I guess I should really comment over on the forum comments lists -- no one seems to be listening here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill@VT wrote:

I have run into kind of a related twist. Yes, the highlighting of visited posts still does not exists. But what I am finding now is that Adobe keeps adding more topic areas to the Acrobat site. I generally like to see the ideas in all the posts, not just individual topics.

I can agree with this completely.

Bill@VT wrote:

It may be that folks going to get help in a very specific topic area do not get it because folks like me do not take time to visit that area, though I may have the answer. For me it would be useful to have the option to just have a combined listing of ALL topics, not the different groups.

Plus, it looks like a lot of them aren't even getting in the proper area at all. Way too many choices.

Bill@VT wrote:

I am also finding folks having to clarify things related to MAC or PC because it is not clear what system is in use or to which the question applies.

That's a bit of a pain yes but, I could deal with that if it weren't for all the other issues. I just find myself not bothering since I really can't stand playing 20 questions with everyone but yes, splitting them back up would be more efficient.

Bill@VT wrote:

no one seems to be listening here.

I'm listening. Unfortunately in the grand scheme of things, my listening doesn't help a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I know you are listening. It seems this is where they want us to post comments about the forums and the way they work, but they seem to treat it as a black hole. Not a good morning I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will need to check different machines, but now it appears like the number of discussions within a topic are no longer being given. It may be a resolution issue on different machines, but I can not find a way to turn off some of the messages on the side columns the appear to be for beginners. I thought the layout was an option, but have not been successful between the various screens, only the top layer I never go to.

It looks like another change has occurred or I messed something up. The subforums no longer have a indication of the number of posts or subtopics. That was useful information and I lost it in the last few days (now 31 March). Are the forums going to be changing on a regular basis? If so, I may join Graffiti and just give up on them. I am not one that like lots of change for the sake of change. If there is a problem, fix it. Otherwise, leave well enough alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobatbusters???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines