• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anonymous, heavy-handed host...

Contributor ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...do you have the stones to reveal yourself, and your motivation for removing the "Three Cheers for the Wenches" thread? And why you allowed the "Three Cheers for the Wrenches" thread to remain?

I got figh dollah says you don't. Or even if you do, that your reasoning is sound.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any forum it should be required of the host to explain any deletions or locked threads.

Otherwise how are we to learn how to mend our evil ways?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 16, 2009 May 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has to be someone that really hates women, for whatever reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have an answer.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433946?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm sorry that i don't allow you to make off-topic threads in the main product forums. If i was heavy-handed as you suggest then i wouldn't have bothered to post and just deleted your off-topic threads, all of them, but i didn't, only those from the Photoshop Windows and Macintosh forums. Though if you keep at it i'm going to delete them outright so please stop it. Keep discussions like those in the proper forums, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, the question originally was about the deletion of a Lounge Basement thread containing SFW but attractive pictures of various 'clad' women. Since  the similar thread about attractive men remains, I deduce the censor is not both straight and male. Does that give us any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Hmm, the question originally was about the deletion of a Lounge Basement thread ...

I am wondering where that Lounge Basement is - I don't see it anywhere in the forum index

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

i'm sorry that i don't allow you to make off-topic threads in the main product forums. If i was heavy-handed as you suggest then i wouldn't have bothered to post and just deleted your off-topic threads, all of them, but i didn't, only those from the Photoshop Windows and Macintosh forums. Though if you keep at it i'm going to delete them outright so please stop it. Keep discussions like those in the proper forums, thanks

Buko thinks you might have been the one who killed the wenches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got mod powers on the 14th while the first post complaining about the disappearance of that thread appeared on the 12th so try blaming someone else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

I got mod powers on the 14th…

Another absurd decision in the seemingly unending chain of bad decisions taken in the new forums.  They might as well grant "mod powers" to L_Todie and J_Oblak.

Above answer was futilely deleted by the heavy-handed censorship in this forum earlier this afternoon.  Too late.  It's cached in Google already.

Insert Ghandi quote here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

i'm sorry that i don't allow you to make off-topic threads in the main product forums...I got mod powers on the 14th

Methinks your power has gone to your head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

think what you will of me but that doesn't change the fact that those 3 threads of yours that i locked had nothing to do with the Photoshop Win/Mac forums. Discussions about the forums themselves should be kept in this forum and not the product forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please stay on this topic, which is: Why did wenches thread get pulled?  I do not care who did it, just would like to know why.  It was harmless.  And fun...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must realize, Zeno, that you ceased to be "one of us" the instant you acquired "mod" or host powers.

Now the Gandhi quote is fully applicable to you too.

This is a genuine, well-known quote by Mahatma Gandhi, the Indian spiritual leader and activist:

• A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him.

• He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it.

• He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it.

• We are not doing him a favor by serving him.     He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:QU-_-MGLrrqQhM:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Gandhi_costume.jpg

Employees of any entity, whether in government or in private business, will do well to keep it in mind and at heart.

The recent post by Kathy Nguyen, universally well received here, shows that she knows this principle and puts it into practice—and so does John Cornicello, of course.

However, a few Adobe staff and associates seem somehow to think that Adobe's customers are lowly adversaries in some sort of Internet game or in a newsgroup.  Those who manifest that misguided and poisonous attitude in this forum and in their blogs are showing their incompetence and their ignorance of basic business principles.  To them I say:  you're dead wrong!  You are far from being our superiors, you are our servants.

They should know well who they are—and we certainly do.

Message was edited by: Ramón G Castañeda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must realize, Zeno, that you ceased to be "one of us" the instant you acquired "mod" or host powers.

That is not at all true. You know very well that many hosts in the old forums managed to moderate the more unruly or verbose members without being "one of them".

The position of moderator is difficult: he is not serving the customer – he is serving Adobe.

Moderators are granted certain powers, which we all know are necessary to maintain factual correctness and to suppress undesirable wrangling and personal attacks.

Zeno is a young man who, although new to the forums, has shown a deep knowledge of Photoshop and I guess his appointment was made for that reason. He will have to feel his way in the first weeks and we should be guiding him not casting aspersions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ,

Alas, I'm familiar with our Hungarian Mr. Bush residing in Romania.  Yet, I'm quite capable of putting aside my intense dislike for him and give him the benefit of the doubt, despite his extremely confrontational demeanor, irritating attitude and brashness.

Incidentally, Bush translates into Bokor in Magyar.  No insult there.

This issue is not worth a lengthy debate.

Otherwise, I disagree with you.  In order to serve Adobe, any host, moderator or forum associate, MUST serve Adobe's customers.  Otherwise, he would be doing Adobe a disservice.

This issue is not worth a lengthy debate to me.   You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm equally entitled to disregard it as you are free to disregard mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2009 May 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

JJ,

This issue is not worth a lengthy debate to me.   You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm equally entitled to disregard it as you are free to disregard mine.

OK – let's leave it there.  Time will tell.

Now then:

WHO KILLED THE WENCHES?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

That is not at all true. You know very well that many hosts in the old forums managed to moderate the more unruly or verbose members without being "one of them".

That statement of yours is a non sequitur.

What I had pointed out that being a host takes anybody out of the rank and file.  It's like being in public life, where all celebrities are open to criticism.

Please don't bring up the three English moderators I'm ware of, namely Len, Ozpeter and Ian Lyons as examples of anything.  I never objected to their exercising their full host privileges.  The model host for me was and remains Neil Keller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Zeno has locked some OT threads, what's the problem, Ramón?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

…Zeno has locked some OT threads…

Not any thread I was following, so they must have been among the many I mark as read these days to make up for the slow navigation here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the support John.

He has deleted posts of mine, including the one in this thread which I had to re-post as #11

haven't deleted any post/thread, the sole exception being posts about selling shoes and stuff like that.

Edit: Ramón, do you prefer "i became a host"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

Ramón, do you prefer "i became a host"?

What I prefer is obviously irrelevant. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry,  perhaps I didn't ask properly.  Will someone please tell me Why is the wenches thread gone?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a funny feeling that we will never know the answer.

All that work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there were complaints about the wenches thread, and a bunch of bad content did have to be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines