• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another problem with the Photoshop forum

Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Content view of the forum, with sort order set to Sort by latest activity, newest first.

This particular view is now stuck, with the posts all jumbled.

The exact same thing happened to the Lightroom forum some weeks ago, but was eventually fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Per,

because of your question I had a look to MY (German) PS forum and I got this (see screenshot):

psForum.JPG

You can see the order of the activities is correct, so in my opinion there is no bug. Maybe you should empty the cache of your browser.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the Overview view, I am using the Content view.

Try using Content view with sort order set to Sort by latest activity, newest first

contentview.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the problem in the Content > All content view of the PS forum, but is disappears if I change to the Content > Discussions view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see now that the Discussions view displays properly.

But the All Content view works in all the other forums i frequent, and an identical problem was fixed in the Lightroom forum, so it should be possible to fix this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just confirming that you are not seeing little green men...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not seeing green little men, but something quite useful ... so thanks!

It turns out that the Discussions view will bold the title of threads I have previously visited, when they have received new posts since my last visit.

I thought this was beyond the capabilities of these forums, but it's probably a feature I have missed out on, or a happy accident caused by the combination of my custom CSS and the Jive code (not so likely).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that the Discussions view will bold the title of threads I have previously visited,

That's been a standard feature since the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if quite from the beginning, or very soon afterwards, but a very welcome one that I have used since day 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was in SBS4, the first version Adobe installed, and has been happening ever since. In SBS7 it only happens in the content>discussion pages, as checking the space tables is a depreciated workflow. Jive expects people to set up activity streams to monitor for new posts, which is why there's no "mark all as read" button anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right, I believe you. And I love the way Jive rule how users of the Adobe forums like to work in them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I couldn't possibly say that software designers might be forcing users to work their way... the guy who wrote Lightroom's import module might be listening..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines