May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test 01

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

no, it's not silly, it's actually quite logical.

Thing is, OP posts a question, thread marked as "Not Answered". Somebody comes in and posts a response so the thread changes to "Possibly Answered" because that's what it is. When the OP comes back and makes a post he has the option while posting to mark his thread as "Answered". If he doesn't then surely the question hasn't been answered yet so it changes the status back to "Not Answered" until somebody comes along with another suggestion at which

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remember to phrase your answers in the form of a question.  That'll count against you in double jeopardy.

Or will it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay....

1/ As soon as i saw Jesseham's reply i opened the thread... i saw Not Answered in orange.

2/ There are two check boxes:

a/ Yes, my question is anwered. With the tick and star icon

b/ No, my question has not been answered yet. With the balloon and question mark icon

3/ The default is on 2b.

I have not checked or ticked anything... and am posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now,

'Not Answered' is back to red...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like one thing that's actually handled logically here, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except it lays all the responsibility on the OP, who probably only cares about learning how to delete their prefs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back to 'Possibly Answered' in orange and i haven't clicked anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot_05.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot_06.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly Anwered in orange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see possibly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I'm using scripts to block display of the "answered" marks, has the answer been questioned yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is "Possibly Answered" in orange.

This thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1995078#1995078 is "Not Answered" in red

Edit: As soon as i posted, it changed to "Not Answered" in red

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so then, if the last post on a thread is made by the OP the thread is "Not Answered" (unless of course the OP marked the thread as "Answered" when posting). The moment someone else posts it changes to "Possibly Answered".

(it should turn "Possibly Answered" by my post)

Edit: yep, it seems i nailed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

so then, if the last post on a thread is made by the OP the thread is "Not Answered" (unless of course the OP marked the thread as "Answered" when posting). The moment someone else posts it changes to "Possibly Answered".

(it should turn "Possibly Answered" by my post)

Edit: yep, it seems i nailed it

Right... now it's  "Possibly Answered"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, now it's 'Not Answered'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this is about the OP posting again, which changes the legend to 'not answered' ? What if it's already been marked as 'answered' ? This is silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it's not silly, it's actually quite logical.

Thing is, OP posts a question, thread marked as "Not Answered". Somebody comes in and posts a response so the thread changes to "Possibly Answered" because that's what it is. When the OP comes back and makes a post he has the option while posting to mark his thread as "Answered". If he doesn't then surely the question hasn't been answered yet so it changes the status back to "Not Answered" until somebody comes along with another suggestion at which point it changes to "Possibly Answered". If however the OP marks it as "Answered" then it stays that way and the thread icon changes to the yellow star

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what if they come back and say 'thanks! that was it!' - without having the faintest interest in or knowledge of stars, points, or 'answered' buttons? That's happened to me more than once. I maintain it's silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, much too fast for this creaky system. I've been in another thread and my last post still hasn't made it to the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here, let me confuse you a bit: then a moderator can set the thread as "Assumed Answered"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

But what if they come back and say 'thanks! that was it!' - without having the faintest interest in or knowledge of stars, points, or 'answered' buttons? That's happened to me more than once. I maintain it's silly.

That's the real problem with it. It assumes too much. Maybe the OP's original question was answered 100% correctly, but then they had to later clarify that they worded their question poorly and meant to ask something else? I've always understood the stupidity of how it was working, but it's just not helpful.  It's not even partially helpful.  -5 points to that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno, me lad... in the immortal words of that inimitable Professor Higgins, with a bit of adaptation (and mauling):

Zeno Tonight, young man, you got  it!
You got it! You got it! You didn't say that you would get it,
And indeed you never did. I thought that nobody would get it;
I doubted anyone'd do it. But now I must admit it
You got it!

Cheers and applause... and 10 more to the kitty for you!!!

PS: Guys, this time it hasn't been a freebee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

So, this is about the OP posting again, which changes the legend to 'not answered' ? What if it's already been marked as 'answered' ? This is silly.

Yup... Think Zeno nailed it.... seems that the "Possibly Answered" appears as some one posts. If the OP posts, without acknowledging, it reverts to "Not Answered".

If it's already been marked as 'Answered" nothing changes... meaning, it remains as marked as 'Answered"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

So, this is about the OP posting again, which changes the legend to 'not answered' ?

That you got... so five to you!

Kath-H wrote:

What if it's already been marked as 'answered' ? This is silly.

Then it stays answered and the OP can still award helpful points as i've just done....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines