• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arbitrary line break...

Enthusiast ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem we've alll been facing... in some cases it resolves after the first couple of lines or so. Here's a case where the whole message is affected:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2512337#2512337

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2010 Jan 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Immediately after posting the message above, I tried using one of my bookmarks for going to another of these forums, but I received a "server not available" error message. On a second try, I got in normally, but found that I had been logged out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

Oh, Jive...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe something with the server, and we were both bitten?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About what time did this happen? I did notice a server "burp" yesterday around 10:30am (pacific). I think it was just one of the four nodes. If you happened to be connected to that node (as I was), you got logged out when it restarted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2010 Jan 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the times shown in my browsers, my "burp" must have been around 14:36 yesterday, and the time zone we are using is GMT-4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2010 Jan 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me, it was about 2:00PM (-8 GMT) on Jan 26, 2010. That is an approximation, as I did not note the exact time.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 24, 2010 Jan 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is exactly the same issue that has been reported many times before. Start a Javascript debugger and see what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take your word for it, although Jacob's report in his message #9 doesn't look exactly the same to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2010 Jan 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

That is odd, indeed.

For me, leaving IE behind has cured the "phantom line break," but no sooner that I will speak - it will reappear, and ruin my layout.

Interesting, and thanks for reporting,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

I always use (the latest version of) FF.

But I would not trade the occasional line break (dance) for the logout, which never occurs over here (you know where). Maybe the lid offers protection from one but not the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines