Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was asked here without a satisfactory answer.

Why doesn't avatar show up in postings?

I have this same problem. I uploaded my avatar long ago and it shows up in my profile for everyone. However, it does not show up on forum posts. Where do I find the setting to enable this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

KJerryK, thank you, but your answer does not appear to be correct. I believe the steps are as listed below, but my Avatar is still pending. The following are key points (not readily apparent):

• There is a difference between your forum's "Profile Photo" and your "Avatar".
  • Just because you upload a Profile photo does not mean that photo is used as your Avatar.
  • Your Avatar photo must be either selected or uploaded separately.
  • The same webpage is used to upload both your Profile Photos and your Avatars.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Edit Profile, and then scroll down to the avatar section

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KJerryK, thank you, but your answer does not appear to be correct. I believe the steps are as listed below, but my Avatar is still pending. The following are key points (not readily apparent):

• There is a difference between your forum's "Profile Photo" and your "Avatar".
  • Just because you upload a Profile photo does not mean that photo is used as your Avatar.
  • Your Avatar photo must be either selected or uploaded separately.
  • The same webpage is used to upload both your Profile Photos and your Avatars. However, you have to scroll down to find the Avatar section (not obvious).

Here are the steps to change your Avatar:

1. Near the upper-right corner of the screen, select the drop-down arrow next to your Avatar (or Avatar placeholder) icon.
  2. Select "Edit Communities Profile".
  3. Select the "Avatar & Photos" tab (should be default).
  4. The top section is for uploading "Profile Photos".
  5. Scroll down to the "Avatar" section.
  6. Either select from among the provided avatars or select the link "Add another avatar".
  7. Select the "Choose File" button.
  8. Brows to the folder containing your Avatar and select the desired Avatar file.
  9. Select "Open".
  10. Select "Upload & Continue"
  11. Your newly uploaded avatar will be pending until a moderator approves it.
  12. Check back in a day or two.
  13. Once approved, repeat steps 1 through 5, select your approved avatar and select "Finished".

12/14/16 Update: My avatar was approved by the moderators. I had to repeat the applicable steps above to select my approved avatar and save it and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines