• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change my Avatar

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2009 Sep 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to upload a custom Avatar, but when I do It tells me I have to delete some of my other custom Avatars which there aren't any.

Any ideas?

TIA

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

curt y wrote:

You are allowed only one custom avatar.  It should show it and then (delete) below it.  If I read your message correctly you have no custom avatars so not sure why you would get the message to delete it.

I understand that and the op evidently does as well. His problem was he was attempting to upload and Avatar, didn't have any previous ones and was receiving this message.

The only possibility I see is perhaps he tried to upload an avatar and was unaware there is a waiting que to have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 20, 2009 Sep 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RotoRouter wrote:

I want to upload a custom Avatar, but when I do It tells me I have to delete some of my other custom Avatars which there aren't any.

Any ideas?

You must be in the wrong place! It is done in the Edit Forums Profile part of the Your Stuff >Profile dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't stand to reason if he is at the point he is uploading a custom Avatar that he would be at the window you are suggestion. He's indicating That he wants to upload an Avatar but he receives a message hehas tommany already and needs to delete some. When in fact he has not uploaded any.

To add a custom avatar is should be saved eithr as a jpg or png formatt. It can not be over a ceratin leghth and width and the size is limited I had to work with mine for about a 1/2 hr until I could get it adjusted just right. and even then you have to wait so many hours before you can even set it as your default avatar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are allowed only one custom avatar.  It should show it and then (delete) below it.  If I read your message correctly you have no custom avatars so not sure why you would get the message to delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curt y wrote:

I understand that and the op evidently does as well. His problem was he was attempting to upload and Avatar, didn't have any previous ones and was receiving this message.

The only possibility I see is perhaps he tried to upload an avatar and was unaware there is a waiting que to have them approved, and tried to upload another. Or there is an errant errow message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks Phillip,

I was not aware that it was waiting for approval.

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be time for a PM, Chris.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/493829?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Time for a PM"... ?

I can be slow on the uptake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I believe PM is shorthand for "Private Message" (or Private Massage if you happen to be a bad typist!).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick,

That would be it

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it seems that you got it handled.

To reiterate for others, just as Phillip states, one can only have one custom avatar. To replace that one, it must first be deleted. Also, that new custom avatar might take from a day, to a few weeks, to be "certified." It seems that mine took almost two weeks.

Your experiences will likely help others.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took 2 weeks to get Alcohol Permit approved.

the_wine_snob wrote:

Well, it seems that you got it handled.

To reiterate for others, just as Phillip states, one can only have one custom avatar. To replace that one, it must first be deleted. Also, that new custom avatar might take from a day, to a few weeks, to be "certified." It seems that mine took almost two weeks.

Your experiences will likely help others.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, two weeks and a few $1000 under the table, and I'd be OK with the permit to sell. In my case, it was for personal consumption by an adult...

Good one! Got my laugh for the afternoon.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

"Time for a PM"... ?

I can be slow on the uptake.

In post #4 I linked to the original thread in the Illustrator forum where I suggested your posting here, used both the full term Private Message and the abbreviation PM for it, and provided links to PM John and Kathy, which you did not need thanks to Phillip: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2257007#2257007

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jacob,

Thanks for following through.

I must say I am enjoying this forum. It's the helpful attitude of the "inmates" and the "bent but not broken" sense of humour that prevails, that makes me come back for more.

All the best.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that you got that custom avatar approved, and in less time than it took me.

In general, the spirit of these fora is great. Yes, we all have our frustrations, and things could (maybe WERE) better, but we find a way to get by.

If most of us did not want to help other users, we would not bother.

Enjoy,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this get cleared up? I see that you do have one custom avatar uploaded (it is an orange circle with a blue/green shape at the top), but not selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all good now thanks John.

--

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines