• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit post, actions > No actions are available

Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a post and I cannot edit it. I tried contacting support and they just gave me the run around. When I view a post I did, I cannot edit it, it just says "No actions are available".

I posted this in the adobe creative cloud forum because this support for the forum was hard to find. I'm not sure how to move it here so I've posed again. It's here:Can't edit post, actions > No actions are available . As I stated in this linked post, someone here should get in touch with chat support and let them know this is where forum support is. I went through two long chats with no help. They eventually basically hung up on me.

I see the issue with all my posts. For example here: ADT command line packaging of IPA . I can only edit the third post in the thread. The rest say "no actions available".

I would like to edit this thread / reply: https://forums.adobe.com/update-advanced-comment.jspa?id=10237018&draftID=7736072

But when I use that link I see this error: Your content could not be saved due to an error. You may have been logged out. If this problem persists please contact your system administrator. Click here to refresh this page.

Can a mod please edit this post to remove my name at the end?

Tried in both chrome and firefox. Is this intended behavior? Is it because someone replied to my comment?

Help much appreciated.

-cybo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may edit anything you post... UNTIL that message has received a reply, which then locks the message for further editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems odd compared to other forums.

However, if you have mod rights can you please edit the reply I've outlined and remove my name from it for privacy?

Link:

Re: Color shift when viewing FLV video on iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks. If you can also delete this thread as it's basically a request that would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also very useful information for others who search and have the same question. Thank you for asking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I understand that. But most forums on the net allow the OP to have control of their content. Deleting editing etc... In this case, the forum has this information in multiple posts where people request a change to their post. I don't see the relevance of having the forum filled with posts requesting edits to their posts. That's not very helpful. Instead, a sticky with forum notes and rules would more efficiently do that in my opinion and seems to be the standard elsewhere. But if it's your policy to leave everything as it is, I guess that's how it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cybobear  wrote

But if it's your policy to leave everything as it is, I guess that's how it is.

It's not Jane's policy; it's Adobe's. Adobe finds great value in the forums as a support tool. They want to leave every thread up so that others in the future who have similar issues can find the answer when they search. The lack of control given to users is certainly different to other forums sites, but then, other forum sites also tend to run actual forum software instead of Jive (which is a whole other discussion...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I just addressed her as a rep of Adobe. I see the value for threads that could prove useful. But I've seen a bunch of threads like this that are basically "you cannot edit after reply, but if you ask a mod they will edit". You can imagine that if the forum starts to get filled with those posts it'd be rather inefficient. As the details of a post to edit are not relevant to any other user. In any case, it's not a big deal to me. If I've offended I apologize, I'm a programmer so I spend a lot of time making things efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane is not a representative of Adobe; she is just a user –Adobe staff have a badge identifying them as such. An unfortunately we are tied to the Jive software running these forums; we have been told many times that there is no chance of Adobe replacing it for an efficient one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, she does have a AVP badge. Not totally familiar with how all these badges differ. From the sounds of it, there has been some frustration with Jive. I think it works, but some things are unclear and the privacy control issue does seem a bit over reaching. In any case, it's a good resource and I'm grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cybobear,

Yes, "ACP" stands for "Adobe Community Professional" and "MVP" is the older tag. "Staff" is for employees.

It means that I have been working in Adobe products for a long time—in my case over 25 years, but I am a volunteer on this user forum. Do you want us to ask a staff member to look at this thread? We can do that. Any ACP or MVP can do that.

My earlier comment was my opinion that this thread is very useful to many who search later, and I still think that.

As others have said, I don't set policy—and I do apologize if my opinion offended you. But thank you for being so polite!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane-e,

Wow that's a lot of experience in Adobe software! You must of had some software on 3.5" and 5.25" disks. Remember those early days?

Thanks for the info on the badges.

No offense at all! Just my opinion that maybe requests for edits to posts could have a special form or something instead of actual forum posts.

Thank you for being helpful and kind!

-cybo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cybo,

I'll bring that up with the powers that be. No one who has replied on this thread has that kind of authority—all we can do is explain how things work.

Yes, my first disks were 3.5". We've come a long way, and it's still fun!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines