• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot delete my forum post

Guide ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only user finding this new group software a major step backward?

• I posted a comment that is no longer applicable.  I am now unable to delete it, and it seems that the moderators are also unable to help.
  • I keep having to log in to the forums.  You had this issue with earlier software.  Why again?
  • Replys seem to get out of chronological order.  So many users suggest that we reply by using the OP's blue bottom at the top of the thread.  What's going on?

Come on Adobe.  You've been hosting user groups for years.  Why still the basic errors?   Sloppy stuff. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019
  1. Right now, only Adobe staff can delete OPs and responses. As a workaround, you could edit your reply to be blank or a "Nevermind". Not ideal, but it does remove the information you originally posted.
  2. Who knows? I agree that it is quite irritating, especially since most websites have a "remember me" capability and I find it hard to believe this platform doesn't. At least the sign-in is more automated now; you don't have to fill in the username and password every single time.
  3. The nesting function

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Right now, only Adobe staff can delete OPs and responses. As a workaround, you could edit your reply to be blank or a "Nevermind". Not ideal, but it does remove the information you originally posted.
  2. Who knows? I agree that it is quite irritating, especially since most websites have a "remember me" capability and I find it hard to believe this platform doesn't. At least the sign-in is more automated now; you don't have to fill in the username and password every single time.
  3. The nesting function is kinda FUBAR'd. I like having the response be under what is actually being responded to as that provides some much needed context, but until/unless either quoting or "take me to the most recent response" and preferably both is implemented, having every response tacked on at the end of the thread is the only way to know you're actually seeing the latest response. Otherwise you have to look at every page/nested response to find the new information. They no longer have the replies collapsed, but that is only a slight improvement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a link to the thread and tell me which post and I will move it to Holding so that it is no longer in the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks but that won't be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines