Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caution for Adobe users: OnOne Essentials 3

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2009 Dec 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a CS fan for years, and even liked the Elements for my laptop.  So

I was using CS3 on my aging HP (with XP/SP3), tried to transfer it to my new Dell.  Bought a Dell m435mt (i7-920) and have 12 Gb DDR3 1333 RAM with an ATI 4850 HD 512 Mb (DDR3) card, Vista Home Premium.  I wanted to upgrade to CS4, but the CS3 refusted to transfer to Vista.  Contacted Tech Support at Adobe, and was told there was not yet support for Vista Premium.  Later, I got a routine download or two, and still no luck transferring.  It would not go on my Vista laptop either.  As a result, I chose not to upgrade to CS4.  I have upgraded to Photoshop Elements 8 from 7, and generally like it for the things I commonly do with photos.  Having lost my photography business (not Adobe's fault), I'll stick with Elements.  Then in October, I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium with no problems.  CS3 still wouldn't install.  During the Elements upgrade, Adobe had an ad for OnOnesoftware's Photo Essentials (several versions), and I decided to go for the latest, v.3 to reasonably assure it was compatible with Windows 7.  It took a week, and I immediately upon receipt installed it.  No problem installing.  Brought it up to do some work on some Christmas card photos I was doing for friends, and while the split screen (original and modified side-by-side photo boxes so you could compare and see any transformations) came up, nothing I did could get a photo to show up.  I emailed OnOne's tech support, and after A WEEK, they asked for more info on my graphics card.  I replied with the info, and today got a response saying Essentials 3 has a problem with some graphics cards, and I should download the latest drivers for the card.  I check weekly for updates, and have ATI's latest for the 4850.  So I am returning their software because it failed to do what it said it would do.  It said it was compatible with Elements, but I now question that.  Certainly looks easy to use, but that is worthless if it doesn't work at all.  One more instance of a third party's crapware not being compatible for God knows what reason.  I'm an experienced (since 1983) computer user, though no tech or expert.  I hope they will provide the full refund they claim to offer (within 30 days of purchase).  Just a caution to anyone who is considering getting this software.  Could it be my computer?  Possibly, but I'm pretty standard, with default installations.  It's sad that Adobe offers 3rd party products either it hasn't tested, or doesn't keep up with.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you repost your message in the Photoshop Windows forum we'll give you a comprehensive answer.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/photoshop_windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a funny mouse over that original post when you hover... hmm...

New-1.jpg

Message was edited by: dave milbut to add graphic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

there's a funny mouse over that original post when you hover... hmm...

Yup... reproducible... cursor turns to a pointer... pause a second or two and the script pops up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting the effect, but not c

onsistently. Only at times.

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software.

Addition: I wrote this message in Firefox/Mac. I am now in Safari/Vista, where I am getting the effect consistently.

Dave, may I suggest that you open a new thread to report this issue? It may well pass unnoticed buried in here.

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: later addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, may I suggest that you open a new thread to report this issue? It may well pass unnoticed buried in here.

as i said (x-posted with your edit), i don't think it's an "issue", unless it's a security issue... i'll leave that for the mods to decide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now it could be more of jive's hash i suppose, but the tag surrounding the post in the topic starter is this...

<p id="function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}" lang="function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}" ondblclick="" onkeydown="" onkeypress="" onkeyup="" onmousemove="" onmouseout="" onmouseover="" onmouseup="" title="function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}">I've been a CS fan for years, and even liked the Elements for my laptop.&#160; So</p><p id="function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}" lang="function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}" ondblclick="" onkeydown="" onkeypress="" onkeyup="" onmousemove="" onmouseout="" onmouseover="" onmouseup="" title="function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

as i said (x-posted with your edit), i don't think it's an "issue", unless it's a security issue... i'll leave that for the mods to decide.

My point is that perhaps no mod will read about this while the topic remains bured in this unrelated thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

My point is that perhaps no mod will read about this while the topic remains bured in this unrelated thread.

I thought they were everywhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mods are watching us.

Mods are watching us.

Mods are watching us, from a distance.

~Bette Midler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

I thought they were everywhere...

It could well be, but they may have chosen to ignore all off topic messages, and specially those they don't want to read. We have been warned several times, occasionally in not very friendly ways, about posting in the wrong thread.

Same answer goes to Graf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when text in a message was copied from another (usually Microsoft) product.

The above line was typed in directly. Let me see if I can reproduce it here by copying something from word...

This text was typed in Microsoft Word and copy/pasted into the Forum.

Once something is pasted in from Word it carries in a ton of formatting garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message was composed entirely within the forum and I do not expect to see all that junk and mouseover stuff in this one that appeared in the last message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I was wrong. It appears in the second message to. No idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sending this reply from a different account in FireFox (previous three replies were from IE8).

Does it happen here, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very good. i wasn't aware it was a known bug.

thanks, dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easter egg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Easter egg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not really funny at all. looks like a hack attempt to tie a javascript function (or see if it's possible to tie a function) to the onmouseover event in the forums. pretty "interesting" for a guy with 1 post...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote on 12/15/2009 2:07 PM:

looks like a hack attempt to tie a javascript function (or see if it's possible to tie a function) to the onmouseover event in the forums.

It does not look like that at all. There are no security implications,

it is just the known bug in working with formatted content.

Nothing to see here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't know either. And if JC performed some tests, it seems we are/were in good company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines