I think I have the server ok

the name comes up automatically

and the password should be my usual

but its not working, any tips ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does Adobe Drive come up as an icon that looks like a harddrive on your desktop and then you can look at the version files that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Forum to talk about the operation of the forums, not a product

Go to http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa and select your product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole forum is so screwed up this individual forum is just as good as any other forum to talk about this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been so many "mis-posts" to this forum this past week, it really seems like the forums themselves are responsible, not the posters...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would imagine that it's because it's named "general forums". Most online forums have a 'general' section and that's probably why people are posting here so much lately. I think it would be best to rename this particular forum to something like "Adobe Forum Performance" or "Forum Related Questions", etc...you get the point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what ? I think you've got a point there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

I would imagine that it's because it's named "general forums". Most online forums have a 'general' section and that's probably why people are posting here so much lately. I think it would be best to rename this particular forum to something like "Adobe Forum Performance" or "Forum Related Questions", etc...you get the point.

Touchey.... (touché)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be 'Non-Product Forums'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for fun, I went looking for the 'right' forum to ask a question about Version Cue in. The Index page is bewildering, but once I found a dropdown with all forums listed, I located several Version Cue possibilities. They were all under 'Creative Suites', so (not having a suite, only a couple of standalone programs) I wondered if I was on the right track. I had a look at the parent forum and found this warning from Bob Levine:

These forums are for discussion of issues about the suites, not specific products. If you have a question about an individual

application such as Photoshop or InDesign, please post in that forum.

So I left again with my tail between my legs, with nowhere to post.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

Just for fun, I went looking for the 'right' forum to ask a question about Version Cue in. The Index page is bewildering, but once I found a dropdown with all forums listed, I located several Version Cue possibilities. They were all under 'Creative Suites', so (not having a suite, only a couple of standalone programs) I wondered if I was on the right track. I had a look at the parent forum and found this warning from Bob Levine:

These forums are for discussion of issues about the suites, not specific products. If you have a question about an individual

application such as Photoshop or InDesign, please post in that forum.

So I left again with my tail between my legs, with nowhere to post.

Noel

Dude... the link from the drop down goes here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites

Have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Have fun!

Erm ...    that's where he went – didn't you see his link?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me lad... the link i gave lists all the Version Cue forums... he was looking for Version Cue... Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what he said:

"Just for fun, I went looking for the 'right' forum to ask a question about Version Cue..."

No problem... the link has various versions of Version Cue (sounds ridiculous) and they all work... someone is not following thru...

Cheers

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>

Yeah - so if I don't have a suite, Bob's warning (you have to select the 'More details' to read it) effectively tells me to go somewhere else, but not where. That was my point. I didn't have a question about a suite, I had one about Version Cue that I seem to have acquired along with something else, either Photoshop Elements or Indesign or Reader or Air or something. I've been using newsgroups for at least 15 years, but it's never been this hard to find the right forum. My reason for posting: have pity on newbies who get lost in here.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless you are working in a group setting you don't need Version Cue. Version Cue is pretty much crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

Yeah - so if I don't have a suite, Bob's warning (you have to select the 'More details' to read it) effectively tells me to go somewhere else, but not where. That was my point. I didn't have a question about a suite, I had one about Version Cue that I seem to have acquired along with something else, either Photoshop Elements or Indesign or Reader or Air or something. I've been using newsgroups for at least 15 years, but it's never been this hard to find the right forum. My reason for posting: have pity on newbies who get lost in here.

Noel

Hi...

I don't know what you're talking about... i click on the

Version Cue Windows

and i go here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites/version_cue_windows

It's all about Version Cue for Windows. Same as if i click the Mac link....

What' s the problem?

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you're talking about... i click on the

and i go here:

It's all about Version Cue for Windows. Same as if i click the Mac link....

Did you read the rider at the top of the Creative Suites page? I know Bob Levine from the Indesign forum. If he says

These forums are for discussion of issues about the suites, not specific products

I wouldn't dare risk his anger by posting a question about a specific product (Version Cue) and not about a Suite (which I don't

have). Perhaps I have too much respect for authority, but that's just the way I was brought up.

We poor users who only have the one or two standalone products necessary to do our jobs often feel like second-class citizens in

these forums. "You can do that in Acrobat Pro", they say, or "It's best to do that in Photoshop first". If you don't have a whole

multi-$000 suite, you don't belong here.

Now I've got that off my chest, I'll go back to my supper.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JIVE ARSE...

Yeah, the censor filter only know US slang/naughty words, not UK or Aussie or NZ. I've been bloody restrained, considering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can right A$$ and Sh!t and f_ck it gets the point accross

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Write on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Version Cue forums were part of the suite forums. Now that we have these Jived Up forums who the Farg knows where they hid them.

Like I said if you are not working in a group you don't need Version Cue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines