• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 master suite installation complete Finally

New Here ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally   I Was able to get CS3 Master suite installed . all of it.

by just doing it one  to two programs at a time. ( or a complete suite) which worked perfectly.

after months of playing around with this program which was poorly designed as a suite for total installation.

the installer always would hang up, or if it did complete it would install a shell of the program but not the program.

so one day i decided to go into the cs3 setup folder and unchecked all the boxes and just installed one at a time. if they were the same suite i would jus do the complete suite.  and this process worked perfectly.

the licensing went off with out a hitch as each program asks for the license which is called for at the beginig of installation. so far each component works perfectly..

I just wish Adobe would get its developers together and design an install program that will install with out problems. just like i hear the business one does.

hope this helps..

insert DVD.

do not choose install.

choose: browse DVD content

choose: in the right panel choose: adobe cs3  (file folder)

in right panel choose setup.exe.

You will see initializing adobe cs3...

next popup will be"Manage Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection Installer: System Check"

from this point it will check any adobe products on your system and show you its status,

*now a box will pop up : choose install \ reinstall.  or remove components.

Choose install \ reinstall

another window will popup with check boxes already checked  just uncheck all and chen check one or two at a time ( experiment a little here)

and install in groups of two or three, or as a single app.

upon each install ( groups or single) you will be asked to restart, and do so.

again you wil have to navigate to the folder as before, but this time

by the time i finished this over a three day period i had all suites installed. ( dreamweaver had already been installed with no problems) and registered most so far. still have a few more registrations to go..

good luck and you can email me if any questions as i have spent a lot of hours as most have installing, uninstalling, cleaning up and over again.

Rog.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure people will be grateful for your efforts, but you would do better posting here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creativesuites

(This forum is for comments about the forums, not the products.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2009 May 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no idea where to post,

thanks

Rog.

OH a side note. since I had an email address added here ( and now removed because some folks just cannot grow up.)

(My Government email address was removed from this posting, (which I forgot is added automatically when I respond from work) and to those that spammed me, and said they should, you might just expect a response from a government employee That traces illegal activities like this. AND in case you did not know it is Illegal to post SPAM to a Government agency and its employees.The folks I work for do not take to kindly at that.

To those that need the info I posted. I hope it works as well for you as it did for us.

Message was edited by: rogerspccpr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure that will be very helpful to people who have bought CS3 but not yet installed it (and are using Windows) - but CS3 is not available for sale any more, and this isn't the right place to post. Apart from anything else, people with this problem won't find your explanation here - this is the forum for talking about the forums, not products.

Maybe you could repost somewhere more appropriate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boo!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Roger. That was very helpful. Don't listen to the Negative Nellies posting above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

Don't listen to the Negative Nellies posting above.

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

?

Are you asking if that should be NN as in JJ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

?

Jealous Jimmys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's got Phone numbers and a Gubmint email Spam time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

He's got Phone numbers and a Gubmint email Spam time.

You make a good point, Buko, even though I don't agree that it'd be a good idea to follow through.

It points out that we still have a long way to go to reach people who SHOULD understand when it's apropriate to post personal/corporate/government contact info and when it's not.

It's the people who DON'T understand security protocol and the nature of social engineering that continues to allow hackers such easy access to places they shouldn't be.

Zip up your e-fly, Roger. Your—and your agency's—private parts might be showing to people who have no need to see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reminder that there are those that just plain are no good and just like to get into trouble (and if i were Buko, and others that replied the same,  I would keep PC clean or wiped for awhile. As  I did get spammed alright and the Government has guys that like to trace these Illegal activities and... I would think  that on Adobe forums, or any forum for that matter, common sence  would say;  be good  and do not spam or talk of doing it, just use the forums as they are meant to be used. because others are listening and watching and waiting, and adobe profiles are not private, just one click and...

any ways, have a great day and again

thanks for the headsup from a guy just trying to help others with a problem, or just give ideas to solve one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rogerspccpr wrote:

I would think  that on Adobe forums, or any forum for that matter, common sence  would say;  be good  and do not spam or talk of doing it, just use the forums as they are meant to be used. because others are listening and watching and waiting, and adobe profiles are not private, just one click and...

The problem is its not the regulars in this forum that will SPAM you. And if you were wondering, my comments have nothing to do with any SPAM you may have received. SPAMers are sending harvester bots through these forums all the time. I was trying to bring it to your attention with a spot of humor. It worked, but not before you got harvested. Also keep in mind that Google goes through here and records all this stuff too. If they manage to get the page before you delete that info its out in cyberspace forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, thanks

Roger Tillman

Automated Systems Technician

Sbcounty Probation Dept.

[Personal contact information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why have you done it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

So why have you done it again?

He just broke his probation.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Several attempts to upload a 4KB gif, 71 x 41px, kept getting an error message. More censorship?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shrug.gif

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, try this one: slap.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh gawd, it's spreading

screenshot_09.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is coming from my I phone, and i had no idea the signature was

attached to all mail accounts,

( screen is too small to show that much).

So thank you for bringing that to my attention.

One would think that a default account set up with a signature would

not affect other non work related emails. And not go global.

Now i have to erase the signature

Line each time.

And notify other co-workers with the same phone and multiple addresses.

( the blackberry's did not do this).

Thanks again

Rog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported your post the info should be removed soon. hopefully before the bots get to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

What I did not know is that my Iphone was taking my default work

email account signature and adding it to all accounts on my Iphone (4

total), very odd. And since the screen is so small i never saw it. So

now I wipe it out then send.

Again thanks.

Rog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported your remaining post with the sig and asked for it to be edited. If no-one gets to it you could send a PM to John Cornicello, he can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Rog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines