• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Currently being moderated - it's getting old

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do realize that the whole moderation thing is a knee-jerk reflex due to an ineffective anti-spamming framework. 

HOWEVER, there must be a way to set it so that:

a) users who have had an account for more than a year aren't subjected to having their posts moderated; and

b) using an '@'mention doesn't count as a link; same for links that point to forums.adobe.com.  You have to moderate a message that points back to your own domain???

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a function of the Jive software, and from what I have read, Adobe has NO direct control over what the Jive software does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, which is why I've been advocating Adobe kicking Jive to the curb and using something like Discourse.  Heck, even Disqus is better than Jive could ever dream of being, and I really dislike Disqus.

Adobe _could_ contact the team responsible for Jive and request features.  But, that will probably never happen.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wolfshade, I'll add you to our group that gets exempt from Moderation to help alleviate this for you!

-Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is appreciated, MadisonMLeupp​.  I wasn't expecting special treatment; I was just trying to get what some may see as overly-restrictive to tone down, a bit.  Most forums that I've been on will moderate posts of users who have been active for less than a year, but then stop moderating unless and until a user breaks the rules of conduct or terms of use.

I just find the whole "moderate every post that contains a link" to be an over-reaction to an ineffective anti-spam system.  I don't know about Disqus, but I do know that Discourse does have some fairly decent anti-spam features that should be reviewed and considered.  The Jive forums are not very intuitive, prone to glitches, and (just like Facebook) the designers cannot stop "updating" the look/feel, producing even more glitches.

Sorry.. I'm off the soapbox.. I did not intend for this to be another anti-Jive rant, so I'll stop, there.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey I don't mind getting special treatment, how can I join this group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines