Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete / Close posts?

Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way for users to delete posts? I did a search "Delete Posts" and found that lots of people either create a post at the bottom of their thred that says "I no longer need this post is there a way to delete it?" If not do they simply expire after a certian amount of time?

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intresting the moment I add one thread to my first post the "Delete Thread" link in the actions pannel goes away. "DOH!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I guess this FAQ post answers my question :S I guess I cant delete my post.

Answer:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416485?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is

"no". If you are the original poster, you can

mark your question as "answered", but this is as far as you can go. You can try asking a moderator, perhaps though a private message, to delete it, but I really don't know if this will produce the desired effect.

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on several factors, it might, but then again, it might not.

In several product fora, we often see OP's asking that a thread be "closed," or "deleted." The problem with fulfilling such requests is that there is often good discussion, that can be very useful in the future. When used with a Search, many problems can be handled, without ever posting again. If that post is deleted, part of its potential to help will be deleted, as well. In those cases, we recommend that the OP just mark it as Answered (and that all points go to me... ).

Now, some posts probably should be deleted, but that is a task for the MOD's. Most do not take a pro-active role in this, unless the OP requests it, but then some do fall very far from the guidelines in the FAQ, so might bite the dust, with no request from the OP.

I guess that the answer is - well, it depends...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines