• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete option unavailable

Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2010 Jul 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Immediately after posting a reply, there is no "Delete" option for my reply.

What gives?

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know there is no such feature.  The best you can do is edit it to nothing so long as no one has responded to it.  You may have to leave something though.  For the few times I've done it, I usually just put "removed" and haven't tried leaving it blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Forum Comment FAQ's:

How do I delete a message that I have posted in the Forum?

You can delete a message you  have posted if there have been no replies.

To delete a new topic, click on the Remove Thread link in the Actions panel to the right ofthe message.

To delete a message reply, click on the delete link at the bottom of the message.

Once someone has replied the Delete  option goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such feature.  Either you believe what you read or you believe what you see.  There's plenty of 'it ain't right's in these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ned Murphy wrote:

There is no such feature.  Either you believe what you read or you believe what you see.  There's plenty of 'it ain't right's in these forums.

Test

Edited: Correct. There is no delete feature for a reply to a reply. Have not checked for a new thread/message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2010 Aug 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us where you saw those instructions Steve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Can you tell us where you saw those instructions Steve?

Just where he said, John: in the FAQs, here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416485?tstart=0

If I can, I will do some testing myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My quick tests are

here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3017083#3017083

In short: there was a Remove Thread link after posting my opening message, and it worked (it did remove my one post thread).

When I posted my second message, the Remove Thread link was gone, and there was no Delete link at the bottom of the message:

No_funciona.jpg

Extra line break kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the date of that FAQ (which is about the time the new forums were installed), and numerous others, it is possible it is an inherited posting that should have been edited prior to being included or is a feature that was dropped somewhere during some revision.  I have never seen that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my tests, the Re

move Thread was there, and worked.

And the new forums were implemented as a tr

ial much earlier than that, with n

o changes to the "final" version that I remember...

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This discussion is not addressing the Remove Thread option.  It is about a Delete response option that apparently doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most of the product fora, where I spend most time, I have not been presented with a Delete Reply (or similar syntax) option. I just use the Edit button (if there are no replies to my post), and change the response text to something like, "[Deleted by Poster - Wrong Thread.]"

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ned Murphy wrote:

This discussion is not addressing the Remove Thread option.  It is about a Delete response option that apparently doesn't exist.

The original question was, but I was answering John, who asked where had Steve got his information. And I added some tests of my own that confirmed that the Delete option does not exist, at least in Mac/Firefox, as I reported. Sorry if this troubled you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are answering someone, it helps to address that person, as well as make your posting in response to that person's posting.  I had no idea why you were responding to me with both of those replies.  No harm, no foul... (unless you intended to name Steve Cohen as you did when you quoted him and are not good friends with him--or is that something the system does automatically... I don't quote people with every posting, so I don't know)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stating to whom you are addressing a reply is irrelevant, since the message shows, at the top, the screen name of the intended recipient.

If you are not using the web interface that's your problem!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL... I only use the web interface, and if you look using it, you will see that two of Claudio's responses are "in response to : Ned Murphy".  Which he apparently claims he was responding to you with.  All of my postings in this thread were in response to Steve until Claudio decided to respond to mine with his off topic offerings.

If you didn't see that, that's your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ned, I am careful

to reply not to the last post but to th

e actual post I am responding to. Those you see

as "in response to:

Ned Murphy" have been in response to Ned Murphy. In particular, my messges #10 and #11 were in direct response to your #9. And I may be losing my writing and reading habilities, but I can't see anything in them that looks even remotely as an offer.

And sorry, but I think I have already wasted too much time in this "but you said ... and I said" little game.

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, everyone. The FAQ has been updated/corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ned Murphy wrote:

If you are answering someone, it helps to address that person, as well as make your posting in response to that person's posting.  I had no idea why you were responding to me with both of those replies.  No harm, no foul... (unless you intended to name Steve Cohen as you did when you quoted him and are not good friends with him--or is that something the system does automatically... I don't quote people with every posting, so I don't know)

I am puzzled. I always though that's what the "in response to" line was for. And although making it even clearer in the message, as in here, seems to me more than a little redundant, I try to do it always but sometimes I forget:

Reply.jpg

And I frankly think that assuming that I may be "not good friends" with Steve whom, as far as I can recall, I have only met here and this once, is stretching your imagination a bit too far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And all the sticky topics were w

ritten specially for the new version, and refer to it. Take a

look at the first posted FAQ, for example...

Extra line break kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

si conehead wrote:

test

Take care. Some mods don't like people performing tests in this forum when there is one specially for tests, here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

si conehead wrote:

Immediately after posting a reply, there is no "Delete" option for my reply.

What gives?

Steve

Test

Edited: Correct. There is no delete feature for a reply to the original post either. Have not checked for a new thread/message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now sorry I brought the subject up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

si conehead wrote:

I am now sorry I brought the subject up.

Why should you? It is a perfectly valid question, and it has led some of us to discover that part of what the FAQs say about it is true, while another part isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines