Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edited Discussions Posts Don't Show the Edits

LEGEND ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit a comment I made, and press Save Reply

2014-05-19 18_36_25-Edit reply to Re_ HELP! How do I export large... _ Adobe Community.gif

My edit doesn't appear! This has happened to me numerous times. Minutes later, I shut down the browser, the edit still isn't there. I try a different browser, it still isn't there

2014-05-19 18_36_49-HELP! How do I export large jpegs in lightroom 5_ _ Adobe Community.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you making the edit in? Have you tried making the edit in a different browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a spam notice yesterday, and went back a couple minutes later to add another notice when I got further down the discussion list... my addition showed

A few more minutes and yet further down the discussion list I found more spam, and went back to the spam message to add the 3rd person

That 3 person did not appear, so I had to add another message... the edit process to be very "hit or miss"

Deliberately editing to see if this shows... Win7 with Internet Explorer 11... all fully up to date per Windows Update

Editing again to see if my 2nd edit will appear... 1st edit did appear, above

Trying a 3rd edit, after leaving and reopening the discussion thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m.m.murphy wrote:

Which browser are you making the edit in? Have you tried making the edit in a different browser?

The problem is intermittent, I usually use Firefox 29 at home, at work I am forced to use IE 9 (they give me a choice of any browser I want as long as it is IE 9) and it happens in both places, intermittently. Tonight, I posted the edit in Firefox 29, when the edits didn't show, I switched to IE 11 (because at home I am a hip, up-to-date kind of geek) thinking it was a browser cache kind of thing, but apparently not, the edits didn't show there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same for me with Firefox 29. Not a frequent occurence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit a comment I made, and press Save Reply

My edit doesn't appear! This has happened to me numerous times.

Same here.

There's no pattern that I can see yet. Just most of the time my edits are saved. Sometimes they're not, for no obvious reason.

When the saved edits don't appear, the successful workaround for me is to immediately re-edit my reply then, with no further changes, immediately re-save it.

The edits always appear then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried that, no luck, two hours later the edits shown in my screen capture haven't shown up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd.

Works for me every time in Chrome 27.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to find one that had been bothering me for several days now, but can't find it.

Someone posted a lengthy signature with lots of private data in it, which I have edited out.  After saving it, it's all still there.  Editing it again, it's gone.  Saving it again, it's all back.

Usually there is no problem editing posts, but sometimes it does not seem to be possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also see the non editing every now and again, and I have also had to create new posts (maybe some five or six times in total) in FF29.

Sometimes there are also messages about posts/edited posts not being posted owing to some error, but usually they do appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the info- I'll open a new case with jive now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines