• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Add something to indicate that a thread has been read or responded to

Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very, very useful if the UI indicated whether or not I've already read a thread or responded to it. Elsewhere I've seen this handled by adding a checkmark to the end of the title to indicate that I've responded, and the thread title is blue and bolded if I haven't read it (or someone has responded since the last time I read it) and a lighter blue and not bolded if I have read it and no one has responded since the last time I looked.

I find myself rereading things a lot.

TOPICS
Enhancement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi linsims,

thank you very much for bringing this up.

You are asking for a very basic feature, I think! Not only useful but essential.

Absolutely needed for people who come to the forums just to answer questions.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi linsims,

Thanks for submitting this enhancement! Our team will work on exploring ways of showing parts of conversations that have been "read" versus "unread".

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

I want to give you more details on this ( in case you forgot how the old Jive forum worked with "Discussions" enabled 😞

In a community like "InDesign" where all threads are listed we should be able to discern totally read threads ( all replies read ) from threads that are not read at all or are partially read. That should be done visibly. Bolded titles and/or different color.

Thanks.

Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah don't hold your breath. This is something that should of Thought Of (no real thought as it is like that on every other forum I have ever used) LONG before this Thing, MESS, went live.

I do know that my Attitude stops anyone in charge of this MESS from looking at my posts let alone actually Reading them and saying to themselves "Hey that's a Good Idea" "We should DO that".

But I'll keep posting anyway. Maybe someone in REAL CHARGE will come along and say. What the F is wrong with you poeple. This thing is a MESS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines