Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex going down?

Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called 800-642-3623 for Flex support yesterday (10/22).  I went through the usual endless questions at the first level before I was finally "moved up" to the next level.  The gentleman, and he was polite, mentioned that if I get disconnected that I can directly call support at 800-642-3623.  I mentioned that is the number I called when I got him.

Be that as it may, the next level had me repeat the basic information again.  And then I was told that Adobe no longer supports Flex from the support center.  Email was the only way they would help with the product.

So my question becomes is Flex going to be dropped?  Is Adobe going to go down?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the forum for comments about the forum not flex. Try the flex forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerry62712 wrote:

I called 800-642-3623 for Flex support yesterday (10/22).  I went through the usual endless questions at the first level before I was finally "moved up" to the next level.  The gentleman, and he was polite, mentioned that if I get disconnected that I can directly call support at 800-642-3623.  I mentioned that is the number I called when I got him.

Be that as it may, the next level had me repeat the basic information again.  And then I was told that Adobe no longer supports Flex from the support center.  Email was the only way they would help with the product.

So my question becomes is Flex going to be dropped?  Is Adobe going to go down?

No idea what the answer is, but given the level of incompetence that the new "support" center seems to be operating at-- do you think they'd be able to help you at all with a Flex issue?  I don't think they'd even know what it is, or the difference (and meaning) between IDE and SDK.  They'd probably think you're trying to call a gym and you have the wrong number.

You're better off with email anyway (if you can get a reply), we've been hearing about horror stories of people spending hours trying to get phone support.

It's pretty messed up, considering I was a pretty evangelical  supporter of Flex a year ago, and now I'm considering looking into how Silverlight and C# are coming along...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was worried that either Flex or Adobe were going down the tubes.

I'm so old that I remember when you could call tech support, for free, and got someone that could speak and understand English.  My most frequest sentence in calling tech support was "I'm sorry, I don't understand you.  Could you repeat that?"

Is Adobe still supported on the phone, or was it only Flex that was being dumped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerry62712 wrote:

Is Adobe still supported on the phone ...?

Yes. From here:

india-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum comments forum is intended for discussion of forum issues, not for discussions on Adobe products or other services. For comments on Adobe customer support, please use the Adobe.com feedback forum. For technical questions on Flex, please use the Flex product forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhoh, jvd homed in on the thread, we're in trouble now!  Everybody run! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Shelbourne wrote:

The forum comments forum is intended for discussion of forum issues, not for discussions on Adobe products or other services.

Regardless of  what you personally decide that a Forum is "intended for", they are basically intended as a Service for Adobe's Customers and, as "Adobe's PAYING Customers", WE should decide what we wish to discuss here — not a non-elected "Moderator".

I've never seen a sucessful forum where anything is allowed to be discussed.  I doubt you have either.

As you should know by now; Moderators Are elected; by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is obvious that he is unaware of the fascinating discussions, sometimes heated and even acrimonious, that used to occur regularly in the WebX forums.

However, any tendency towards off-topic ranting or abuse was kept in check by the hosts, who managed to keep things within forum guidelines in a tactful and transparent way. Warnings were given and deletions were sometimes made, but everyone was aware that action was being taken thanks to the co-operative and knowledgeble hosts.

Now posts completely disappear without notice instead of being replaced by a [deleted by host] entry. This means that the threads are disrupted and, in this singularly unsuitable jiveware, (UGH!) that makes things even more difficult to follow.

In WebX days the hosts were all mature and sensible forum members, not clever young men with a badge like the ones we see here.

ADDENDUM: I am quite aware that there are many participants who have been given a badge for good reasons, and get on with being helpful in their forums without being obnoxious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say as the OP that I was surprised that an official Adobe forum on an Adobe server in the area of "General" would be considered as a violation of anything.  As I have two forums that I run or help in I can understand the need to focus discussion in broad areas.  But what could be considered more broad than "General?"

I was told there was another Adobe forum for the discussion of Adobe products and support, but that forum doesn't exist under www.adobe.com/support, http://www.adobe.com/support/service/, http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa (forums under support), Communities/forums (same place as last one), nor do I see it listed under anyother Adobe server.

Perhaps it exists on a non-Adobe server, but that seems odd that a discussion of Adobe support would not be viable in an Adobe forum for the purpose of general discussion and would exist on some other server.

Basicly, I feel you really can't fight city hall so if the PTB say that an Adobe forum for the discussion of General topics doesn't include any that relate to Adobe support or services then that is just how it is.  If you (anyone) can give the specific URL of an Adobe location that handles Adobe general discussion I'd appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jerry62712 wrote:

I have to say as the OP that I was surprised that an official Adobe forum on an Adobe server in the area of "General" would be considered as a violation of anything.  As I have two forums that I run or help in I can understand the need to focus discussion in broad areas.  But what could be considered more broad than "General?"

I was told there was another Adobe forum for the discussion of Adobe products and support, but that forum doesn't exist under www.adobe.com/support, http://www.adobe.com/support/service/, http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa (forums under support), Communities/forums (same place as last one), nor do I see it listed under anyother Adobe server.

Not a violation, just the wrong forum.

This one is for comments on the forums themselves – not Adobe products.

A visit to the top level page in the breadcrumb trail would have found the Flex forums.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/flex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines